COB added to Guitar Hero 5

^
someday bodom fans will stop covering bodom and play their own stuff.
i'm tired of youtube bodom cover profiles

^
someday bodom fans will stop covering bodom and play their own stuff.
i'm tired of youtube bodom cover profiles

Indeed
Would like to see some covers from not so popular and awesome guitar player
Its like millions of COB covers on utube

i hope this doesn't change bodom's sound, but i noe that little kids will now start liking bodom only because of guitar hero

I'll shit my pants if the song is something like Mask of Sanity or Downfall. The liklihood of either song is far from the amount of liklihood of a song like Blooddrunk or In your Face.

In the music industry today there's not much room for integrity, sadly. So in order to make a living out of music, you must make compromises. Only a few band manage to sucessfully blend the music they wanna do with the music people wanna hear.

CoB on guitar hero is pretty cool IMO. They're not sell-outs. They're smart. They realised how the music industry is nowadays and for that, I totally respect their decision.

Cheers.

True. I want my favourite bands to be able to make a living out of the music, and if selling records ain´t enough nowadays they have to get along with other possibilities besides touring their asses off. So if they get new fans out of that and earn an adequate amount of money with it, it´s okay for me. And therefore I also don´t think a band´s "selling out" by appearing on GH. That whole "sell-out-discussion" is so... boring.
Btw I checked what other bands will appear on GH5, pretty nice imo.

Well, the idea is probably from Spinefarm Records and the band may know nothing about it.
And I hope they never gonna bother with it either.

And let it at least be the hardest song on GH5.

In the music industry today there's not much room for integrity, sadly. So in order to make a living out of music, you must make compromises. Only a few band manage to sucessfully blend the music they wanna do with the music people wanna hear.

CoB on guitar hero is pretty cool IMO. They're not sell-outs. They're smart. They realised how the music industry is nowadays and for that, I totally respect their decision.

Cheers.

I completly agree.

Cheers.
I dont agreed.If i wanna listen to popular music or whatever i would become a JLo fan.She is smart,she knows how music industry is nowadays and what kind of music is selling
Certain level of originality and uncompromised music is what separates good and bad musicians and bands

I dont agreed.If i wanna listen to popular music or whatever i would become a JLo fan.She is smart,she knows how music industry is nowadays and what kind of music is selling
Certain level of originality and uncompromised music is what separates good and bad musicians and bands
That´s exactly the kind of discussion I meant... I don´t give a shit if the music I like and listen to the whole day is "popular", "mainstream", "emo" or "underground". I like it and that´s the whole thing. And if it sells, it´s okay as long as Alexi may still write the music he likes to write without pressure from the label, and as long as the band can make their living with it.

I always hated the idea of making music just to make money.

About the guitar hero thing, I'd rather practise the real guitar than a fucking game.

Sure, of course there´s a difference between making music for music´s sake and earning a bit of money with it, or making music because you can make shitloads of money with it (which is only true if you make "music" which really sells a few million times - which usually excludes metal as long as you´re not called Metallica ;) ). I consider COB as musicians for the first reason, I guess you too, and that´s why I can live with them trying to gain more fans by appearing on such a game.
About GH itself, I hope that the whole thing gets a few kids into learning the real instrument when they realise that it´s great to be able to "play" music, and that it opens the musical horizons of a few kids.

Well,i listen to a lot of ``mainstream``music,and i dont care how much band is (un)popular as long as its making great music and not care only for money.Unfortunately COB is going on this way more and more.
I honestly dont think that cause of this GH thing,some kids will learn how to play guitar,more likely that COB will get more fangirls and fanboys which only care for Alexi`s hair color and things like that,and im telling this from my experience,just looking some new COB fans ive met recently