COB interview questions

sleeper666

MetalMutha
Jul 14, 2007
Suomi on mun kohtaloni
A friend of mine will be photographing and interviewing COB at tomorrow's Forum show in London. Does anyone have any question suggestions, about the new album, or anything else? Now's your chance to come up with something different from the usual asked-and-answered-a-million-times-already questions!

I know this is always asked, but I am very interested in the gear used to record this album. Anything new that they used that they haven't used before.

I also wonder what they all do prior to going on live. Warm up? Meditate? Eat dinner? Exersice?

Did Alexi do anything special on his birthday(today)?

- What solos are played by Roope on the albums?
- Has Janne practiced any techique after SW?
- Why don't they play more songs from the old albums, you'd think they've got bored with the same songs played over and over again.
- Why is there no Bodom-song on RRF?

And the most important: WHAT'S THE STORY BEHIND LAKE BODOM???

- Has Janne practiced any techique after SW?
- Why don't they play more songs from the old albums, you'd think they've got bored with the same songs played over and over again.

And the most important: WHAT'S THE STORY BEHIND LAKE BODOM???

Fuck you for forgetting: "What nail polish does Alexi use??:confused:"

But I want to know when they'll get some new guitars. Alexi talked about getting an ESP ALX with green pinstripes, but where is that?

Andrea, I don't know for sure, but probably not Alexi

Thanks everyone for the questions so far; some good ones there and I'll pass them on :)
Oh it doesn't really matter, thank you anyway. I just thought that if it would be Janne, one could have also asked about the new Warmen (e. g. if he has already written or recorded stuff, if he's going to ask Lauri Porra to contribute to the new album again (hope my fangirlism excuses such a question), and - seriously - if he ever wants to have a vid for a Warmen song done), but maybe that wouldn't be polite anyway.

I want to know a shitload of stuff from each of them, for example

- Are they content with their management? :p
- Do they have any influence in management decisions? For example in merch, touring, whatever decisions?
- Does Roope feel the desire of writing own stuff, except of the few solos on RRF?
- What does annoy them most in the world?
- Do they consider themselves to be happy?
- Are they reading books, what kind of?
- What's the story behind that pet hippo? (guess I should already know, but I can't remember)
- Are they going to play RRF teh song live during this tour?

but somehow I guess nothing of it is appropriate for asking during an interview :tickled:

In addition:

- Which are their top three COB songs ever?
- What are the best, and worst parts of living the life of a professional musician?
- Is there something they have always longed to do or achieve in their whole life, but still didn't manage to do/achieve? Something like a lifelong dream?
- On which song (not neccessarily COB) did each of them they show their best work up to date?

Have you ever considered writing an album as atmospheric and melodic as Follow the Reaper / Hatebreeder but with your current experience in music?

There, they can't shrug it away saying "no we won't rip off neo-classical melodies anymore." Of course Alexi would be best to answer this.

I'd like to ask why they won't play more of the old songs anymore. There are like songs that they never ever played (well not never ever, but played em at least once or twice). You know, it would be really good to hear Wrath within, Northern comfort or touch like angel of death.

Some of your questions have already been asked and answered in other interviews. I'll report here the answers but for proof you'll have to browse the COB Interviews thread yourselves.

I know this is always asked, but I am very interested in the gear used to record this album.

Alexi used the pink ESP for all songs, and his Lee Jackson tube amp.

On RRF, he plays the first solo on NMF and the second solo on WIWI. On prior albums, he's been known to play a solo on DWEDFN, BFH and IYWP.

Alexi forgot.

Some of your questions have already been asked and answered in other interviews. I'll report here the answers but for proof you'll have to browse the COB Interviews thread yourselves.

Alexi used the pink ESP for all songs, and his Lee Jackson tube amp.

So the whole band used pink ESP's and Lee Jackson tube amp for everything? Even Jaska and Janne?

We all know what Alexi uses, I want to know what the rest of the band used. And if anything new was used this time around.