COB Live Concert DVD 2012

I bet they don't even know how to play the nail anymore, and it doesn't fit their image anymore. If they want to do something weird from Something Wild, Touch like Angel of Death would be cool and somewhat plausible.

Mask Of Sanity is a good idea, though.

I don't like how Children of Decadence sounds live, to be honest. If they're willing to pull off Kissing the Shadows for a DVD that would be epic. Northern Comfort and Little Bloodred are both songs that are overrated as songs because they have some fucking amazing bits in them, so I wouldn't want them to be in the DVD.

I'd love to see Touch Like Angel of Death played live. I wouldn't even care if it was on a DVD or not, but it would be interesting to include it. I agree with Mask of Sanity. That's good live, and would fit well on a DVD.
I would love to see Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood either live or as a DVD track. It's one of my favorite Bodom songs.

Actually, I'm not incredibly picky about which songs would be included as long as the DVD extras are good, with some hilarious bits thrown in.

Maybe arrange a stage and venue at the beach of Lake Bodom at night, and colour the lake with lights, that would be epic.

They could likely arrange to do this at any lake, claim it's Lake Bodom, and most people wouldn't know the difference.:lol:
From my experience, Bodominjärvi doesn't look much different than many other Finnish lakes.

The idea is kind of cool though.

even tho just a year or two back Alexi stated they want to do it even if they have to stand in the water. Let's see if he really cares the way old time fans do.

That's weird. A few years ago I thought if COB had ever split, their farewell concert should've been at Lake Bodom, with the crowd in the water LOL it would be pretty scenic for a live DVD. But then they should also play all Bodom-themed songs for the sake of consistency :p

They could really play some not-so-overused songs on the next DVD, so it wouldn't have just all the basics like CRY. Especially since they have recently taken more older songs into their set, it would be quite realistic to see little more interesting set-list than just "all the classics + most of RRF".

Yea, if they even had half of CRY songs on the new one, I don't think I'd buy it.

I want to see some shit they rarely play on the new DVD.

Maybe there won't be many surprises since they'll want to feel comfortable with the groove of songs in the live recording. With CRY they had the exact same set and passages for many many shows before the recording. It would be exciting to have some "weird" songs on the set so the DVD could kind of offer something Youtube does not already. Some different songs they've played from the respectable albums, like Chokehold, Bed Of Razors, Kissing the Shadows etc, of course songs from two new albums, and one or two weird surprises would do the trick. Tie My Rope, Northern Comfort, Punch Me I Bleed... something really weird.

If I was their management I'd suggest to play some improvised version of one of their songs like they did with Tie My Rope at NAMM 2008, Alexi and Janne soloing instead of vocals, and maybe with a more simple Rammstein'ish beat to move focus to the soloing. They could do it to some other songs too maybe but it worked cool with Tie My Rope and the outro strings just crowned it.

Very unrealistic, if not impossible set-list, but I'd definitely want to see this live. Kind of retrospective;

Lake Bodom
Red Light in My Eyes pt. 2
The Nail
In the Shadows

Hatebreeder
Wrath Within
Warheart

Children of Decadence
Northern Comfort
Kissing the Shadows

Bodom Beach Terror
Lil' Bloodred Riding Hood
You're Better Off Dead

Trashed, Lost & Strungout
If You Want Peace, Prepare for War

Hellhounds on my Trail
Blooddrunk

Shovel Knockout
Not My Funeral

Downfall

EDIT: Almost forgot the cute colors <3

Here's the set they finished the tour with. I marked red the ones already played at CRY:

Not My Funeral
Bodom Beach Terror
Needled 24/7
Shovel Knockout
Roundtrip to Hell and Back
In Your Face
Living Dead Beat
Children Of Bodom
Hate Me!
Blooddrunk
Angels Don't Kill
Follow the Reaper
Downfall
Was It Worth It?
Everytime I Die
Hate Crew Deathroll

List of songs played recently but not included in CRY:

Bed Of Razors
Children Of Bodom
Children Of Decadence
Mask Of Sanity
Kissing the Shadows
Chokehold
Blooddrunk

(Not all Blooddrunk songs listed.)

So they could do a setlist something like this:

Not My Funeral
Bodom Beach Terror - replace with Chokehold
Needled 24/7 - replace with Bed Of Razors
Shovel Knockout
Roundtrip to Hell and Back
In Your Face
Living Dead Beat
Children Of Bodom
Hate Me! - replace with Children Of Decadence
Blooddrunk
Angels Don't Kill
Follow the Reaper - replace with Kissing the Shadows
Downfall
Was It Worth It?
Everytime I Die
Hate Crew Deathroll - replace with Mask Of Sanity

With this system only classics In Your Face, Living Dead Beat, Angels Don't Kill, Downfall and Everytime I Die would be played "again." They honestly have to do this and not just play the same shit, but really pick these songs that have made a return to their set after CRY. Of course it would be a welcome addition to this to include one surprise song from the past. The songs I listed as replacing songs really deserve to be in the list. (I personally am not fond of COB and would rather have another old classic instead.) Of course there can be a medley with either Children Of Decadence or Mask Of Sanity, they've been using the first half of those songs.

This is not my personal wishlist, it's realistic and pretty much what they should do instead of playing the same songs.

For sure with such a rewamp they need at least ten shows to warm up for the real deal. Last time (with CRY) they were supposed to bring in Children Of Decadence and Bastards Of Bodom as surprise songs, but didn't manage it in time. Let's hope they save some time for a surprise old song only for this DVD, to practise it tight.

I also doubt they'd replace FtR with anything. It's been in their setlist ever since it was voted by fans as the song they wanted to hear the most in live performances.

Well, they will play classics, new songs and some different old songs. But I think it's unnecessary to play certain songs again when there are better ones available.

^ I'd tend to agree with that. I've seen Bodom quite a few times live (enough to start losing exact count) and the setlists have always been remarkably similar. While this is okay in many regards, as the crowd favorites get played, it would be cool to throw in a few more surprises for more-than-casual or the older Bodom fans.

I hope they are at least aware which songs they played in CRY... They should definitely play some other songs from those albums (Razors, Chokehold...) Since they don't play Decadence apart from the first half, I think they should maybe play the Children Of Decadence - Chokehold medley. But I'd respect if they just played that awesome song all the way and not skip because of difficult solos. That would already be a terrific surprise, that song's got some atmospheric stuff also at the midway. And please if you're about to play Bed Of Razors just use the original keyboard (not sure if they even used it for the SNBN middle part anymore... I checked CRY and it's inaudible) cos the HCDR intro sound just doesn't fit the intro of BOR.

Anyway I mentioned in another thread how many people would be interested to get a properly recorded gig from 2001 when the first three albums were out... and I thought they could release a double DVD where you have the 2011 gig and on the other a 2001 gig. Any suggestions why this would not be a good idea? Because they played the old songs better back in the day? Or because they're unrelated.

Am I the only one who wants to see them play Triple Corpse Hammerblow live?

Also, from the new album, Ugly, but I guess they took it off the current set for a reason.

@Joonas: IMO, Mask of Sanity doesn't work as the closing track for the entire concert, so that's a poor suggestion you have there. Also, I doubt they're gonna take HCDR off the list anyway.

@Joonas: IMO, Mask of Sanity doesn't work as the closing track for the entire concert, so that's a poor suggestion you have there.

^When did I suggest them to play Mask Of Sanity as the closing song? :confused: I never even mentioned the song, and nothing about closing songs.

Also, from the new album, Ugly, but I guess they took it off the current set for a reason.
Yeah man, and I'd actually like to know the reason! Song is damn cool, good pace, powerful - want it live much more than any other RRF track, I was kinda disappointed they took it off the set before I saw them in Langen :cry: