COB Miscellaneous

No, one guy at the dark world forum asks to help him identify the performer. I listened to the song and I liked it. I decided to help him in his search. I uploaded track to YouTube in the hope that it would be copyrighted, but unfortunately, YouTube did not Identified a copyright.

I just sent the song to a really good friend of mine who happens to have the biggest "metal knowledge" I know. If he doesn't know this, then I can't help XD
But the more I listen to this, the more I like it.

Also, maybe you could change the title of the youtube video to make it more clear what you're looking for. Something like "Which band is playing this song?" or "What is this song called?". I am not an English native speaker, but I think it would make it clearer to those finding the video.

^Holy fuck dude, saw that yesterday, dude checks out COB first time (after spending years listening to metal) randomly skips past SNBN while checking Hatebreeder album, skips past good sections while lingering in bad sections... Imagine someone being into metal, yet being apparently so busy doing other things all these years he frigging has no time checking out a song like SNBN, his time is so precious it's like he's the men in black or something, too busy waiting for a COB song section transmit to the next. It's like a person who could never be convinced to taste berries or fruits, but ate everything else... then when he does, 'hey... wait a minute... this doesn't taste that bad, how weird!' It's nice tho he did open his mind for it.

Still better than the people who refuse to listen to songs they don't even deserve to hear, saying 'metal is noise and I can't stand it... I listen to radio instead.' Happened to me yesterday, then the person ended up saying my song would be good for a horror movie like Psycho, which of course was a nice compliment. It's like they're so intelligent they form their opinion over something based on first appearance. Ah man, everyday I wanna crawl into a hole, cos most people have this tunnel-vision type dumbness and never learned to think for themselves or look for information... they're sort of the working bees of the hive not meant to think for themselves. Because of that we're missing so much: true art, in all its forms, is dead or underground... romantic monogamy is dead... our nature and ecosystems dying... Very clear to me why wise individuals often end up as hermits; regular human interactions just become mundane.

Last edited:
Yeah, he should have listened to at least one full song. I think any guitarist should be able to appreciate COB's guitar work, but Englund somehow doesn't. He's sort of one-dimensional with his chugging riffs. Personally I don't see how anyone can listen to COB and think it's like In Flames. But, interestingly enough, he ends up liking the 2 albums I also like best: AYDY and HCDR

Death metal guy likes the more rough sound, who woulda thought. Pretty fair assessments on all the songs he listened to.

Not surprising that he gravitated towards the most Pantera inspired songs by Alexi. They're both big Dimebag fans.

We're all different, though. He doesn't like the "happy" parts of COB songs but I think most of us here love it.

Alexi´s guitar solo

Recently getting into Spotify, especially the "Finnish section". I've come through a lot of previously unknown or not-really-listened-to Finnish bands and the random of the app threw also a few Klamydia songs into the mix, mainly the song above in the quote. Sooner I got a bit curious about it since it doesn't sound as a Klmaydia song at all, more like a Kylähullut one (also includes some very nice keyboard parts). Upon my research I got to know that this song was arranged by the surviving members of Kylähullut as a farewell song to their then-recently deceased drummer. Alexi and Vesku with the help of Tuomas Holopainen wrote it and they even used some (or maybe all*) of the percussions from previous recordings of Tonmi Lillman, so in the end every original member can be heard on the track. Which is a really nice and heart-warming touch imo. So technically Rakas Hullu is the last and final song of Kylähullut

Also, it got me by surprise, that Tuomas Holopainen played all the keyboard parts on the band's previous albums, I always thought it's Janne...:yow:

*Tbh, I read auto-translated finnish wiki etc pages most of the time, so I don't know if all the drum parts was played by Tommy or just some sections.