COB Miscellaneous

Just heard this song on Rock Antenne. I would really like to hear that kind of solo once more in a Bodom song at 3:50

The part before the solo sounds like Dragonforce, the solo itself more like Necrophagist/Wintersun/Symphony X. All in all - too much effects. Sounds like the lead guitarist is using a little delay, chorus, wah pedal, mid-booster, tons of other effects. Doesn't sound like a guitar at all

Reactions: RICJAMES
That was never Alexis style of playing.

The part before the solo sounds like Dragonforce, the solo itself more like Necrophagist/Wintersun/Symphony X. All in all - too much effects. Sounds like the lead guitarist is using a little delay, chorus, wah pedal, mid-booster, tons of other effects. Doesn't sound like a guitar at all

Somewhere, I heard something from him like this or I've just mistaken this with something else. Yes, the effects not really match, but the style, especially some of the first bits of the solo, I heard them from Alexi, or just think it wrong...

Somewhere, I heard something from him like this or I've just mistaken this with something else. Yes, the effects not really match, but the style, especially some of the first bits of the solo, I heard them from Alexi, or just think it wrong...
The part at 3:50 sounds perhaps a tiny bit like the thing in BBT solo at 2:45

Here is a new song from Lost Society's new album coming in early 2016. It's a bit different to their previous work, it's alot slower and probably their first one with serious lyrics (however when I listen to songs like ''Bitch, Out' My Way'' it's pretty fucking serious when I'm driving...). I like the song, great vocals and great soloes. Samy himself say the album will be a bit different and more diverse. I'm really excited but cautiously so since I'm hoping the change in music won't be too big.

Also they aren't using Jackson guitars like we are used seeing them. I'm fairly sure they got endorsed by Jackson a few months/a year ago but seems they have (like many others) made the switch to ESP. Which to me is a shame, but ESP seem to treat and value their artists alot.

There is also an official music video to be found via their facebook.

Last edited:
Reactions: RICJAMES
Jackson lists them as one of their artists. ESP doesn't (yet). But clearly they are with ESP now. A shame that Fender doesn't give Jackson enough resources to go after and keep bands. ESP (and Ibanez) seem to spend tons of money endorsing everyone they can find. Another big problem for Jackson was when ESP hired Chris Cannella away from Jackson, he was their metal guy and the contact to bands, so it wouldn't surprise me if Cannella (sold his soul completely and) has been tasked with stealing all endorsees away from Jackson.

Jackson lists them as one of their artists. ESP doesn't (yet). But clearly they are with ESP now. A shame that Fender doesn't give Jackson enough resources to go after and keep bands. ESP (and Ibanez) seem to spend tons of money endorsing everyone they can find. Another big problem for Jackson was when ESP hired Chris Cannella away from Jackson, he was their metal guy and the contact to bands, so it wouldn't surprise me if Cannella (sold his soul completely and) has been tasked with stealing all endorsees away from Jackson.

They used Jacksons for the recording sessions. Hope it's just a trial with the ESPs.

Last edited:
Today I got my HCDR CD and now I see, why Amazon and the others failed to cut Lil' bloodred ridin' hood properly, the drum intro starts in the end of the 7. song but the CD switch fluently to the 8. song, which starts with the "HUA". So you don't notice the track change at all, if you just listening to it on a Hi-Fi or anywhere else.