COBOT: The Album [NEW THREAD]

oohh ok. I remember a few days (weeks?) ago on the guitar player's thread, someone posted a clip of guitars that were actually recorded with VSTs without anyone actually playing them. that's what I thought dave meant in this case.

You'll be happy to know it's all VST! :lol: I used the Nick Crow 7170 lead for the rhythm IMO sounds better than his other one. Then i used the SIR2 program to emulate the cab (i forgotten what you call that) using "catharsis-awesometime-fredman" and using the "s-preshigh.wav" one.

Do you ONLY use a VST (guitar>soundcard>VST) or do you run it through an effects unit first (guitar > maybe toneport>soundcard>VST)?

I've tried that w/ my violin, and while it can sound cool ital so ends up pretty digitalized. But maybe I'm just using the wrong vsts.

So Dave, is the song going well?

Cool. I've never tried it because I always thought it won't work :lol: Will check out your vsts (because I have them too)!

It took me a while to get a decent sound with it, but i'm still not happy with the sound :lol:
I've tried that w/ my violin, and while it can sound cool ital so ends up pretty digitalized. But maybe I'm just using the wrong vsts.

So Dave, is the song going well?

Going slow, for some reason the GP sounds won't play while i have Cubase open. So at the moment i have to learn one riff, open up Cubase, record riff, close Cubase and then learn the next riff etc. :lol:

Check PM, I sent you a MIDI converted to .mp3 so you can add it as another track and "play along" if that's what you're looking for.

EDIT: Oh wait nvm, I cant read apparently. I think what's happening for you is that you're probably using ASIO for Cubase, and GP probably needs to use DirectSound. I've heard that sometimes the two would refuse to load at the same time, even if for different applications. So I guess there isn't much you can so afaik, you could go back and forth in sound options for Cubase but that's hardly any less tediouus than what you're already doing.

My song... soon done, this is going to be GREAT!

Flappeh, as soon as you know you're done (this goes for everyone else too):

-Send it to me
-Remember to type what the song-title is
Optional: Add a text file of lyrics (if you have vocals), and GP tab!

If you have lyrics and/or tabs, you can add them in a RAR file named as your username together with your song.

That's not necessary though, you can always just shoot over the song with the songtitle.

Good news, I can haz base now, so I'll get on to mixing phase as soon as Dave's gone w/ guitarz.

Sry Ensi, I meant I already had bass b4 you recorded >__> It's in very good sound quality so I'll probably use that one instead of yours, sorry. Still, thanks for the effort.

@snowy: Hey man, do you still wanna work on the mixing? If you do, I could send you the tracks I have thus far so you start working on it, cause my mixing skills aren't that great. So let me know.

if I'm not too lazy (which is not guaranteed) I'll be completely done tomorrow, only vocals and a little bit of mixing left

Sry Ensi, I meant I already had bass b4 you recorded >__> It's in very good sound quality so I'll probably use that one instead of yours, sorry. Still, thanks for the effort.

Well fuck me sideways.

Ah well it didn't take long anyways, just use whatever you want dewd!