COBOT: The Album [NEW THREAD]

So deadline is today then or what??

I see at least three people who "will be done by tomorrow", myself included, so I'm guessing the deadline's tomorrow *shrug*

Tuesday night hopefully? I've had a busy weekend so won't be able to record until Tuesday afternoon but will be able to do the whole thing in a few hours.

My song was actually completely written and mostly recorded by that August deadline, I just haven't been able to find someone to record bass and guitars until now.

Also, it seems like snowy has lost interest, so prepare to hear some of my shitty mixing.

If I haven't updated anything or shit, it's because i'm playing Black Ops.

AK74u IN MOTHERFUCKING 1968, that shit is wack!

And yeah, deadline will be tuesday night (if I get enough songs) LATEST wednesday night, if I haven't gotten your shit by then, you're out.

Well, so far I know Ensi and I are done, Mr Violin guy has his song almost seet (right?), Dave appeared out of nowhere with a song and looks like will be contributing too, Mitch says he'll be done by Tuesday evening/night, you said you and eveningninja will be adding a song, bunnyman (Flappy) said IIRC that he has his ready and zirkonflex also said he has his song ready, so if all this is true we are up for an 8 song album this time.

Also, Ensi, colour me up, I'm all done :D

Sooo, I'm tweaking a couple versions of artwork, should I post and you guys tell me or considering the rush should I leave you people to record and Ensi and I (since we're both finished with our songs) decide?

EDIT: I'll just upload the three drafts I've made. See what you think. I'll post them in order of preference (for me), the first being my favourite and so on.

icylaketowncopia.jpg

graveyardcopia.jpg

This one I like the image a lot and more or less how the letters turned out, but the last cover was already dark blue with yellow letters, so that's why it's my least favourite for this time.
desertstrike.jpg

Definitely the second one.

Third one has like a little boy's toy aspect to it
First one has those horrible buildings/city in the background.

Second one by far!
I'm not sure if i'm gonna get the song i showed you guys finished unless i submit another song. But that needs decent strings/vocals/solo which i haven't written yet. If anyone can help that will be much appreciated.

Vote #2 as well. I prefer the font in #2 and #3 way over #1; but, #3 has LOLcacti so wtf. See if you want to touch up a bit on it if we end up deciding on #2, especially edit out the name on the tombstone, since I doubt that some left-wing Peruvian dude has relevance to the album lol.

@Dave: thanks a lot for the guitars, will check 'em out now. As for your song, what do you mean by strings? If you have a part written, I could record some violin. If you need a part written, I could try that as well, though can't guarantee being done by Tuesday. You'd have to look to someone else for vocals though, cause I could try but you probably wouldn't be happy with the result :lol:

EDIT: kay man, well played, the double solo sounds especially sexy now. The daunting task of mixing is still in front of me though.

@Dave: thanks a lot for the guitars, will check 'em out now. As for your song, what do you mean by strings? If you have a part written, I could record some violin. If you need a part written, I could try that as well, though can't guarantee being done by Tuesday. You'd have to look to someone else for vocals though, cause I could try but you probably wouldn't be happy with the result :lol:

For strings i mean a whole orchestra, my soundfont is rubbish. And i actually needed proper bass too. The thing is none of these are tabbed out because i never use GP anymore :lol:.

I have SampleTank and it has OK orchestra sounds. If you have a MIDI I can put them on for you. Otherwise, Ensi is your man, if he can get his ass off the new CoD game.

So you want me to take the name on the gravestone off, anything else?? Also, if you guys have names and want to send them to me I can start working on the final version, which will sure look much better than with "Song title-Artist" all over the place. I'm off to lessons now, but I'll fix the name thing afterwards.