COBOT: The Album [NEW THREAD]

I actually bought a midi keyboard last week =D
Awesome for making orchestral arrangements and stuff.

I use mine for the native instruments vintage organs. I'm a-rocking.

Yeah I'd definitely recommend that investment. As for violin, I still need to go shop around locally. I've pretty much decided against ordering online. With purchasing guitars, I feel I'm experienced enough to generally tell what is and what isn't a good-looking guitar, but being completely new to violin I feel I should go in with a professional/experienced player and shop around for one that suits my desires and price range.

East West is awsm though! Get a bigger hard drive :mad:
I have a 500GB hard drive! The real problem was that it gave me a message that it will only work for 5 days until I register...so yeah...Idk. I'll install it again maybe and try to figure something out.
hmmm... I'd prefer maybe an octave or two more, but i'm not sure how many i'll use.
You can always just use the pitch shifter or whatever it's called in your DAW to go up or down an octave.

Most, if not ALL midi keyboards have a couple of octave buttons so you can jump up and down as you please. My M-Audio 61 has them, works well

Yeah, that is an option too but it would be good to have like.. have them right there at my disposal if I do alot of notes from low to high. But then again I am not too experienced in MIDI recording and how it works.

Someone experienced please tell me if there is anything wrong with my scenario here:

Ok so I got my VST program (Symphonic Orchestra), I plug in my MIDI and shit, assign it to it and all that jazz and it responds. Then I just........ record and it will be like I manually inserted MIDI, but instead of manually putting it in, I "played" it in?

^ Some programs can do that, but it doesn't work perfectly, and you have to play it exactly as you want it written or it'll be all weird and stuff. (for the programs I've tried that for, anyway).

Well, if you just want to enter it manually rather than play it, it doesn't make much of a difference, you're just using a Midi keyboard instead of a computer keyboard. Personally, I don't find it that useful. That said, if you're good at piano you CAN actually just play some shit and record into MIDI, after that you'd only need to make some minor adjustments.

Well, if you just want to enter it manually rather than play it, it doesn't make much of a difference, you're just using a Midi keyboard instead of a computer keyboard. Personally, I don't find it that useful. That said, if you're good at piano you CAN actually just play some shit and record into MIDI, after that you'd only need to make some minor adjustments.

No need to be good when you got quantisation

I dislike piano enough (and am bad enough at it) that I prefer the regular input to quantization.

Actually quantization is major shit when youre trying to play anything above 90 bpm.
I fingertap in drums quite a lot with my nanopad (it actually works, I can even do blastbeats), but even with the slow stuff you'll have to go in manually because the quantize will always shift it to the wrong grid or the wrong note, and yes, even if you set all the tracking parameters perfectly according to your song.
Using this with a keyboard is even more wierd because it will sometimes shift one note of a chord around because it's been played that little bit to late, and that sometimes makes you loose track of everything if it happens multiple times.

Thats also one of the reason why drums are quantized with the slipedit method instead of fucking beatdetective.

I've been using my Keyboard as a MIDI controler with Mixcraft and when I record, using my Keyboard on a VST track, it records whatever I play, I don't need to hit the notes in time or whatever.