Coded message in Watershed booklet deciphered.

Wow, I guess this count already helps a lot. You know what really pisses me off right now? As has been told, i and p share the same symbol, and they're both pretty common. I'm almost tempted to believe the most common symbol isn't e but i/p. Well, maybe the second-most common symbol is...

And with all these hints, people who haven't figured it out yet are going to have an easy time and not appreciate the coolness of cracking it. I feel bad for them. Sort of. :lol:

And with all these hints, people who haven't figured it out yet are going to have an easy time and not appreciate the coolness of cracking it. I feel bad for them. Sort of. :lol:

Yeah right. Do YOU have it cracked?

I'm trying, but even with the online cracking, I can input "e" (which I guess has to be the most common letter) but when I enter "t" as the second-most common letter, I don't even get anything that would resemble "t.e" for "the"....

Well, I've entered up until the 6th line, included. I tried fiddling around ab bit and in the 6th line, I might be on to something. I get something including "dead..tree" but I don't know what could be the two character between them. If I got this right so far, I have a,d,e,r and t taken care of...

butthen again, in other places, i get strings of dtd that don't make sense

Here's a run-down of the frequencies with which each symbol appears within the ciphertext:

http://burntoast.net/watershed/?s=watershed

I might have made a couple of mistakes when inputting the ciphertext (i.e., substituting the wrong character for a symbol), but I'm sure they're negligible.

This isn't a solution by any means, but it's a good start for people who want to work on deciphering the code without the drudgery of having to count the occurrence of each symbol.

Um, based on my copy of the album (regular edition), those symbols are upside down. I've noticed that pyr0rrzzz scan of it appears to be upside down, although his must be from the SE because it's a different sequence anyway.

afv, I'm assuming that the script deciphered the letters based on average occurrences within written text?

Edit: don't worry, mega early and just realised A, B, C etc were just your inputs

afv, I'm assuming that the script deciphered the letters based on average occurrences within written text?

Edit: don't worry, mega early and just realised A, B, C etc were just your inputs

Yeah, I'm sorry for the confusion. I should have noted that I assigned letters to each symbol to make the process easier.

Um, based on my copy of the album (regular edition), those symbols are upside down. I've noticed that pyr0rrzzz scan of it appears to be upside down, although his must be from the SE because it's a different sequence anyway.

I didn't scan it upside down so either yours or mine has been turned around. :err:

hi everyone. I'm presently working at cracking this thing....
one thing I noticed: the first line does'nt countain as much as what I suppose is a "e" in the rest of the message: could the first line be then something different from the rest, and a key to make the code easier to break?

I think I found things that could be the that and at... but this didn't yet help me find a single proper word

arf
but what puzzles me is that, if the most common letter (which we all agree to be the square U i think, no spoiler here) is really the e, well it is'nt found doubled many times!

and if I take it as a e, I end up with a line saying eat....eat....eat...eat ^^ (his being the 12th line from the bottom)

I would also find a eat that in the bottom line.... but it does'nt help me. Can someone confirm that I am on a wrong track here?^^

Well, while I also think that the square U is e, if i and p truly share one symbol (as katabiasis says) I would suspect it being among the top 3 symbols. It just fucks up the frequency analysis. And even if you do somehow find it out, you still don't know wether to put i or p into the text until you got the stuff around it figured out...