coffee makers

dorian gray said:
goddam those are expensive. i like it. are they the kind where you have to purchase the proprietary coffee? i dont like that. i want to be able to buy crap like 8 o clock and maxwell house.

No problem, that's cool. You did mention that you were looking for a nice, expensive maker. Anyway, yeah, I don't think you can purchase the 8 o'clocks of the world, but once you have the maker, you have access to a billion different styles that are not overly expensive and extremely easy to make.

Jason :)

i dunno how much those packs cost but what ive read is that they add up to like $20 a pound. its like a trick.

Dark One said:
, you have access to a billion different styles that are not overly expensive and extremely easy to make.

Jason :)
the website had pics of a bunch of different little packages that look like creamer packs. is that the coffee?
so if we drank two cups a day total, how much would that cost me per month? currently, it takes me a month to get through a pack of krogers $5 a bag coffee.

dorian gray said:
these rule. and the company is based in ohio. thanks for the link

well the US distributor maybe ... but Saeco is Italian if I am not mistaken.

I am not aware of any coffe maker co. that manufactures in the US.

Bunn-O)))). well, at least they are an american company. shits probably made in china.
yeah, i doubt ill be able to find a US-made coffee maker. we're not really known for our coffee expertise.

Well, a pack of 25 K-cups cost $13.95, which equates to 56 cents apiece for a gourmet cup of coffee, not the cheapie stuff. Really not too bad, and once you taste the quality, you'll be hooked and there's so many types to choose from. They also have varieties of teas and hot chocolate.

I understand just wanting to pay a little to get a nice cup of regular coffee though, so that makes perfect sense. Like in Pulp Fiction though, "when I drink coffee, I wanna taste it." :)

Conspicuously Absent said:
guess dorian will have to buy a stove top coffee maker he custom ordered from a metal fab place... but it might be foreign metal! :p
that would actually rule! i wish everything i had was made out of metal. soooo tired of everything being made out of plastic.

dorian gray said:
the website had pics of a bunch of different little packages that look like creamer packs. is that the coffee?
so if we drank two cups a day total, how much would that cost me per month? currently, it takes me a month to get through a pack of krogers $5 a bag coffee.

Yes, they're called K-cups. Again, each one breaks down to 56 cents a cup if you buy packs of 25 cups at a time.

Dark One said:
Well, a pack of 25 K-cups cost $13.95, which equates to 56 cents apiece for a gourmet cup of coffee, not the cheapie stuff.
considering that i had to drive to exxon this morning to get two cups of shit coffee for $1.25 each, $.56 is a good deal. it blows my mind that people go to starbucks and get $3 a cup coffee. i dont know how they do it.

dorian gray said:
that would actually rule! i wish everything i had was made out of metal. soooo tired of everything being made out of plastic.

I agree with you there. My favourite coffee is from a beaten steel coffee pot (WW2 military issue) that we just shove in the fire. We call it "Burnier's morning brew" cause thats the guy whose pot it is. The shit is like gravy, but while camping.. fuck it sgood

dorian gray said:
considering that i had to drive to exxon this morning to get two cups of shit coffee for $1.25 each, $.56 is a good deal. it blows my mind that people go to starbucks and get $3 a cup coffee. i dont know how they do it.

I wholeheartedly agree with you and I hate the whole fucking "yuppee" culture of StarSucks. I'll take a cup of gourmet tasting coffee for .56 a cup any day of the week.

$3 for cofee at starbucks? it costs me $2.00 canadian. which is like $1.50 US. And thats for the big fucker, so its like two regular coffees.

yeah, those espresso machines are a bit too expensive. i had espresso in france last year. i wasnt impressed. not enough liquid. i like to drink coffee while im doing something else. espresso is like, sip. done.

Conspicuously Absent said:
$3 for cofee at starbucks? it costs me $2.00 canadian. which is like $1.50 US. And thats for the big fucker, so its like two regular coffees.
what do you mean? are you saying you go to starbucks and pay $1.50 for a cup of coffee?
starbucks sucks. cant stand that culture either. i feel like going in there and challenging everyone to a fight. not to be a bad ass but those nerds need some physical activity.

yeah. I pay $1.50 for regular plain coffee. A coffee shop is a coffee shop. The yuppy culture is the stuff like mocha chocolate ballsack latte capa-whatever shit.