Colossus

Best song on Quintessence. I love how it has that climax at the beginning and basically dosn't stop the energy. Extremely emotional.

come on... the best on "Q" is "The Presence is Ominous". "Colossus" is on 2nd place in my ranking:p anyway have atmosphere, great vocals, nice melodic riffs...

Fight! Fight! Fight! *chanting* ;)
Colossus happens to be my fav.. so I'm with StarTroll
But I find it hard to compare those 2 songs, they're much different from one another (which is a great thing, mind you)

Ah! Colossus is my fav Borknagar song ever! And I
think it always will be. I bought their Quintessence
solely for that song. I wasn't even into that type of
metal at the time...

The song has so much energy all the way through
it! I love it! And Simen's voice fits it perfectly. It
can't be explained the way that song makes me
feel. I don't care how well written or well played it
is, it gives me so much I'm unable to put words to
it! :eek:) Colossus!!! \,,/

"Colossus" is basically what got me interested in Borknagar in the first place...no wait, it was "Ad Noctum", THEN "Colossus". Either way, its a classic Borknagar song!

Yeah, I gotta cast a vote for colossus off of Quintessence. What a voice, and great lyrics as well.

Although my fave bork. track of all time is "The Winterway" off of The Olden Domain.

"Colossus" also reminds me much of classical music. It's just awesome and breathtaking. I also like the little details: for example the fact that the song is principally sung cleanly but every once in a while you can hear dirty vocals (only traces of...).

Originally posted by GravelessSoul
"Colossus" is basically what got me interested in Borknagar in the first place...no wait, it was "Ad Noctum", THEN "Colossus". Either way, its a classic Borknagar song!

Haa! Someone´s spinning Death´s Design!!!!

Originally posted by Blackspirit Ah! Colossus is my fav Borknagar song ever! And I think it always will be. I bought their Quintessence solely for that song.

Hey, I feel the same in that matter! :)
Colossus is the Best. It's a quintessence of Borknagar for me. Before I bought thet CD I'd known only Colossus and it will always be no.1 for me.