Questions about Quintessence

I think Shagrath is a great vocalist, yes Dimmu is way too popular and over-rated and Simen deserves more stage bla bla bla

word. over-rated. waaaaay too over-rated.

About Gorgoroth... being Gaahl homosexual should not affect on the band. You have to split and keep the gap between your personal live and the band. But it's interesting, I must say, there is not many persons in metal being homosexual.. or.. I don't know. I wonder who is going to be next in metal scene worldwide with out-coming :)

@Evil Bacteria: hear Visions From The Spiral Generator from Vintersorg to get familiar with Borknagar.

Gaahl sucks most of time. I saw Gorgoroth live the past year and he was solid but on the krakov live DVD his voice is so awful that I saw the DVD once and I gave it to a friend. Hat and Pest were way better.

On black metal there is TOO many better vocalist than Gaahl and Shagrath. Shaggy is one of the worst I've heard...even Vortex has a better grim voice than him.

Dimmu is radio-friendly 'black' metal. They are overrated as hell.

@Vampyian: Orchid and Morningrise are more on the black metal side than the death metal one and I think that's their best era. Forest of October and Black Rose Immortal are fairly good songs. Everything since BWP is too damn boring, random and senseless, specially GR and Watershit.

Opeth isn't death, nor progressive enough to be enjoyable IMO.

Hehe, yeah, but let it flow in its way.

As for me, Dimmu is quite enjoyable, I used to listen to it a lot in the ole' times :D:D:D I enjoy it mostly because of Simen, but Shagrath is ok for me too. I wouldn't call it the essence of black metal, but who cares? :D I'm not a trve fistf*cking black metal head who goes around repeating one sentence: Black Metal ist Krieg! :D No offense to the "trues" among us, I know it's not about that ;)
Anyway I like those ones too who are called/call themselves trve. OK, this was way too much of the word "trve" for this time, sorry for that, got a little bit far from the general discussion :) I cant help it (it is due to the large amount of strong drinks this evening)

Cheers

Who has just declared himself homosexual :p . His boyfriend has received threats from Black metal-heads. Cheers to the stupid :rolleyes: .

I wonder if they'll change the logo from colour white to colour "rainbow"? :lol: . That'll help differentiating them from the other Gorgoroth (with Infernus) :p .

Woah... I knew he was a picky eater and a vegetarian, but wow... oh well, I still think he's good.

On black metal there is TOO many better vocalist than Gaahl and Shagrath. Shaggy is one of the worst I've heard...even Vortex has a better grim voice than him.

Dimmu is radio-friendly 'black' metal. They are overrated as hell.

Agree about Shagrath, he is horrible. But I like Gaahl. And a few others. Garm had some OK screams. Same with Vortex, but then again, neither of them are known for that.

Dimmu is overrated.

What about Attila Csihar? The guy who took Dead's place in Mayhem. He has a...different approach to vocals...

Garm has awesome grim vocals. On Arcturus's AHS he did an awesome job, so on Borky's S/T, and both Ulver albums too.

Attila it's not amazing, but his vocals are very distinctive... on DMDS his voice fits well IMO, on Ordo ad Chao too (but Ordo sucks :rofl:).

Gaahl is horrible most of time live. what I've seen he did bad vocals more than good ones live. I don't care if he's gay, but he sucks as grim singer IMO.

Hehe, yeah, but let it flow in its way.

As for me, Dimmu is quite enjoyable, I used to listen to it a lot in the ole' times :D:D:D I enjoy it mostly because of Simen, but Shagrath is ok for me too. I wouldn't call it the essence of black metal, but who cares? :D

I agree with this, I really don't care that Dimmu is so over-rated, it certainly is, but I still like the band :) .

But it's interesting, I must say, there is not many persons in metal being homosexual.. or.. I don't know. I wonder who is going to be next in metal scene worldwide with out-coming :)

I supposed you could say the first was Freddie Mercury, and maybe the second was Rob Halford (ok, technically they're bi, not gay). But yeah, it's not real common, izzit?

I've been all over YouTube lately, listening to some of the songs you guys suggest, and I've come to a conclusion: nobody is exactly who I'm looking for. The music is almost always great, but the growl...my God man, I want a deep, deep voice! Everybody either screams (like Vortex) or their growl just isn't low enough. I may get flack for mentioning Dethklok here :)P), but I absolutely love his voice. Is there anyone who sounds like that?

I like Shagrath's vocals better than Vortex's despite me being a Borknagar fan. Gaahl is the best vocalist Gorgoroth has had. And Garm sounds best on Ulver's albums.

Shagrath can not perform grim vocals without processing and effects. Galder is even worse live.

And what the fuck does Ghaal being gay have to do with anything? All of a sudden being gay makes him less kvlt? Ghaal is a shitty vocalist, but always a cool guy.

I supposed you could say the first was Freddie Mercury, and maybe the second was Rob Halford (ok, technically they're bi, not gay). But yeah, it's not real common, izzit?

I've been all over YouTube lately, listening to some of the songs you guys suggest, and I've come to a conclusion: nobody is exactly who I'm looking for. The music is almost always great, but the growl...my God man, I want a deep, deep voice!

Low growls?

Hyporcrisy's Osculum Obscenum
Cannibal Corpse's Tomb of the Mutilated

Garm has awesome grim vocals. On Arcturus's AHS he did an awesome job, so on Borky's S/T, and both Ulver albums too.

Attila it's not amazing, but his vocals are very distinctive... on DMDS his voice fits well IMO, on Ordo ad Chao too (but Ordo sucks :rofl:).

Gaahl is horrible most of time live. what I've seen he did bad vocals more than good ones live. I don't care if he's gay, but he sucks as grim singer IMO.

I agree with that about Garm. He did sound amazing on The Olden Domain.

I like Attila's unique vocals.

Gaahl is good in studio. Live, yeah from what I have seen, he is not very impressive. And he is a pretty cool guy. He sings black metal and doesnt afraid of anything.[/stupid meme]

I don't like Attila's vocals, I like Maniac as Mayhem's best. I think Garm's harsh vocals on The Olden Domain are good, but not great, I prefer his more screamy Ulver/Borknagar self titled vocals.