Questions about Quintessence

Haha, I was going to ask you guys to suggest some death metal when I got home today, but you beat me to it.

Everything you've mentioned sounds pretty good (from listening to a few songs on YouTube, at least), but strange as it is, Cannibal Corpse is my favorite so far. I guess when I'm expecting the growl, I can get into it.

Oops, I just listened to The Serpentine Offering and I think I accidentally fell in love with Dimmu Borgir.

Opeth is the worst example of a death metal band. Death - Human is a good point to start with death metal.

Dimmu was a ok band long time ago...now they suck as hell.

The first couple of albums, otherwise get your personal affairs in order because you'll most likely end up being bored to fucking death.

A prime example of death metal, Opeth ain't. Far from it.

And death metal is mostly fucking horrible. Opeth are progressive, as they should be.

And don't listen to him. Get Blackwater Park, skip the first track, and you're set. It'll be easier to get into Borknagar.

And death metal is mostly fucking horrible. Opeth are progressive, as they should be.

And don't listen to him. Get Blackwater Park, skip the first track, and you're set. It'll be easier to get into Borknagar.

I agree, they aren't death metal. But even as a (supposedly) progressive metal band they're probably one of the worst examples of that particular genre (somehow long songs with more than 50% filler in them, don't really seem all that progressive to me.). Snoozefest. And Blackwater Park has surely by now have to be one of the most overrated albums out there.

And yeah of course it will be easier to get into Borknagar. You'll must likely be as hungry as ever for something good and interesting to listen to after hearing Opeth bore your ears off.

Eh, Dimmu's vocalist just doesn't sound as good as other vocalists, like Gaahl from Gorgoroth, Hoath Torog from Sargeist or the guys from Darkthrone. To me, those are better black metal vocalists. I just like those vocalists for the genre, even if they are of different sub-genres...

Snoozefest. And Blackwater Park has surely by now have to be one of the most overrated albums out there.

Not just that but I'd say Opeth in general.

Eh, Dimmu's vocalist just doesn't sound as good as other vocalists, like Gaahl from Gorgoroth, Hoath Torog from Sargeist or the guys from Darkthrone. To me, those are better black metal vocalists. I just like those vocalists for the genre, even if they are of different sub-genres...

Who has just declared himself homosexual :p . His boyfriend has received threats from Black metal-heads. Cheers to the stupid :rolleyes: .

I wonder if they'll change the logo from colour white to colour "rainbow"? :lol: . That'll help differentiating them from the other Gorgoroth (with Infernus) :p .

I think Shagrath is a great vocalist, yes Dimmu is way too popular and over-rated and Simen deserves more stage bla bla bla, Shagrath is still a grand vocalist.