Colts' Super Bowl hero Rhodes chooses Raiders

thraxx

You'll Be in Hell With ME
Nov 23, 2002
www.anthrax.com
Running back Dominic Rhodes, one of the heroes of the Indianapolis Colts' Super Bowl XLI championship less than two months ago, is headed to the team that finished the 2006 season with the league's worst record.
More from Scouts Inc.
scoutsinc_thumb.gif
Scouts Inc. has a complete breakdown of the Dominic Rhodes signing, as well as all the Raiders' offseason moves:
• Raiders free-agent signings
• Insider analysis of Rhodes
in.gif

Rhodes on Friday morning agreed with the Oakland Raiders on a two-year deal, which was announced later in the day, that can be worth as much as $7.5 million. Rhodes had generated considerable interest as an unrestricted free agent and made several visits, but met with Oakland officials earlier this week and was sold on the opportunity there.
"I just want to come in and help this team win," Rhodes said, according to The Associated Press. "It's an honor to be here and an awesome experience to play for the Raiders. The whole history of the Raiders, I love it."

The sixth-year veteran will serve as an insurance policy for the Raiders, in the event incumbent starter LaMont Jordan does not bounce back from the medial collateral ligament injury that limited him to nine games in 2006. More likely, however, the two will split the ball-carrying duties in the Oakland backfield.

Jordan earlier this week reworked his contract, reducing a roster bonus that was due him, to remain with the Raiders. After rushing for 1,025 yards in 2005, his first season in Oakland after four years with the New York Jets, Jordan slumped to 434 yards in 2006.

5793.jpg

Rhodes

Rhodes, 28, played six seasons in Indianapolis, appearing in 71 games and starting in 27 contests. The former Midwestern State (Texas) standout made the Colts' roster as an undrafted college free agent in 2001, then further beat the odds by rushing for over 1,000 yards as a rookie, when he replaced an injured Edgerrin James.

He carried 550 times for 2,274 yards and 19 touchdowns in six seasons and added 90 receptions for 649 yards and one touchdown.
"Dominic will be a dynamic presence that can diversify our offense both as a runner and pass catcher," new coach Lane Kiffin said, according to AP. "He is focused and determined to come here and compete immediately with our other running backs."

Last year, in the Colts' Super Bowl season, Rhodes started all 16 regular-season games before rookie Joseph Addai replaced him in the lineup at the outset of the playoffs. But Rhodes still played a significant role in the postseason and, in the Super Bowl victory over the Chicago Bears, he rushed for a game-high 113 yards. Rhodes still faces a drunken-driving charge in Indiana, where police said he was pulled over early the morning of Feb. 20 driving a truck 81 mph in a 55-mph zone on an Indianapolis-area interstate.

Saw this on ESPN.com earlier today... Congrats Thraxx..You seem happy about this pickup....I personally think Lamont Jordan is a better RB but that's just me... I think if Oakland ever sures up their offensive line Jordan & Rhodes could be a decent one, two punch in the backfield

Saw this on ESPN.com earlier today... Congrats Thraxx..You seem happy about this pickup....I personally think Lamont Jordan is a better RB but that's just me... I think if Oakland ever sures up their offensive line Jordan & Rhodes could be a decent one, two punch in the backfield

I never liked Jordon. He's never proved himself as a starting back, A back-up maybe.....

Well it's an upgrade for the Raiders. They sucked so bad last year I could be an upgrade!:lol:

Lions have upgraded also. Maybe we'll have a winning season next year. Go 7-9 (That's a winning season for us)

Well it's an upgrade for the Raiders. They sucked so bad last year I could be an upgrade!:lol:

Lions have upgraded also. Maybe we'll have a winning season next year. Go 7-9 (That's a winning season for us)
Long time no talk..... How is everything??/ RE-married yet?????:zombie:

Long time no talk..... How is everything??/ RE-married yet?????:zombie:

Things are going good. Haven't been on the boards much, they've been boring the last year or so.
Having a hard time selling my house though. The real estate and job market are horrendous here in Michigan.

MARRIED!?!? Your crazy.
The ONLY way I'm getting married again....is if I stand to gain from the divorce!:heh:

In other news...if Detroit is ever playing LA at home, come on out, I'll have a free ticket for you.
Me and 2 other buds have an extra ticket for Lions' games. That person is our Designated Driver! We even provide the tailgating van!:lol:

Things are going good. Haven't been on the boards much, they've been boring the last year or so.
Having a hard time selling my house though. The real estate and job market are horrendous here in Michigan.

MARRIED!?!? Your crazy.
The ONLY way I'm getting married again....is if I stand to gain from the divorce!:heh:

In other news...if Detroit is ever playing LA at home, come on out, I'll have a free ticket for you.
Me and 2 other buds have an extra ticket for Lions' games. That person is our Designated Driver! We even provide the tailgating van!:lol:
Damn lordlindsay, you a Lions fan too? I thought I was the only one here. I just recently changed my avatar from Barry Sanders to me, I'll put it back when the season starts. What position are you hoping we pick first? We need OL but I really want a playmaker. I grew up in Wyandotte but am much happier in warm Florida now:p

The Oakland Raiders have signed free agent fullback Justin Griffith. The 5-11, 235-pound Griffith has played in 60 league games with 48 starts and served as a lead blocker for an Atlanta unit that led the NFL in rushing for the past three seasons.
"We have made some solid improvements to our ball club in the last couple of days and Justin is another example of it," said Raiders Head Coach Lane Kiffin.

"We're obviously very familiar with him as a player and a person through his involvement with Greg (Knapp) and Tom (Cable) at the Falcons and we're confident he will fit in well with the Raiders. He's looking forward to coming in and instantly competing to be our fullback."

During his NFL career, Griffith has rushed for 378 yards and caught 78 passes for 621 yards. Griffith has caught at least 20 passes in each of his four NFL seasons. He posted a career-high in receptions last season with 23 for 168 yards and three touchdowns while averaging 5.6 yards per rush. Griffith also had three scoring catches in 2005.

The former Mississippi State star entered the NFL as a fourth round pick by the Atlanta Falcons in 2003. As a rookie, Griffith quickly established himself as a front-line performer as he lined up as a starter at fullback in his first-ever NFL regular season game. He rushed for a career-high 168 yards in his rookie season

The Oakland Raiders have signed free agent tight ends Fred Wakefield and Tony Stewart. The 6-5, 260-pound Stewart has played in 68 league games with 23 starts. Wakefield, 6-7, 295, has played in 73 games, starting 51 in his NFL career. Both players entered the league in 2001. Stewart has registered 55 career receptions for 464 yards. In 2006, the former Penn State star notched 14 catches for 120 yards for Cincinnati. He also contributed on special teams, with 15 tackles and two fumble recoveries.
Statistically, Stewart had his best season with the Bengals in 2003, when he had 212 yards receiving on 21 receptions and averaged 10.1 yards per catch. Stewart, who was born in Germany and grew in Allentown, Pa., entered the NFL as a fifth round pick by Philadelphia.

In 2006, Wakefield played in all 16 league games for Arizona, with nine starts. He recorded two catches for 26 yards, as he was utilized mostly as a blocking tight end for the Cardinals.

In addition to tight end, Wakefield has seen action on the offensive line and at defensive end during his NFL career. As a defensive lineman, Wakefield had 126 tackles, six sacks, 15 passes defensed, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery. Wakefield entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with Arizona.

No team has made better use of free agency this year than The Patriots!!!!!
(A case could be made for the 49ers.....But that's about it.)

It's not even the preseason yet and I'm getting that Super Bowl feeling..... Got to love that!!
:headbang: :kickass: :headbang: :kickass:

No team has made better use of free agency this year than The Patriots!!!!!
(A case could be made for the 49ers.....But that's about it.)

It's not even the preseason yet and I'm getting that Super Bowl feeling..... Got to love that!!
:headbang: :kickass: :headbang: :kickass:

You are right there..
tom-brady-bridget-pregnant.jpg

Bridget Moynahan is three months pregnant with Tom Brady's baby, even though they're not together anymore and he's currently with Gisele Bundchen. Moynahan and Brady were going out for two years before breaking up in December, and lately Brady has been spotted with Gisele, coming and going from her SoHo apartment. Which is bad news, because apparently his super sperm gets women pregnant he's not even seeing anymore. God knows how pregnant Gisele is. She's probably sitting in bed right now with sperm shooting out of her nostrils. And yeah, maybe I crossed the line with that last sentence, but maybe I didn't. The only thing we know for sure is I could beat up a tiger with my bare hands. And that's a fact.

BUT WAIT

Victoria Secret model Gisele Bundchen's family is speaking out and shooting down reports that she is pregnant with [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Tom [COLOR=blue! important]Brady's[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] baby. The Boston Herald reports that the $30 million model's father as well as her sister, Raquel, told the media that the Brady baby buzz was bogus - Gisele is not pregnant with what would be Brad baby number two. Last month, Tom’s ex, Bridget Moynahan, announced she is carrying the first heir to the Brady throne.
tom_gisele_007.jpg
Tom Brad and Gisele Bundchen Set Up Nursery in New House?
"It is not true," Bundchen's papa, Valdir, told O Dia gossip columnist Sabrina Grimberg. "I speak with Gisele every day and she would have told me."
Now a report from the National Enquirer claims that no matter what happens, the new red hot 'it' couple will be prepared. According to a report from the magazine the couple is buying a house in New York and building a nursery in it - but not because of the pregnancy speculation.
They need a nursery for the baby that the [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]New [COLOR=blue! important]England [/COLOR][COLOR=blue! important]Patriots[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] quarterback is expecting with his previous girlfriend, Bridget Moynahan. Bridget is expecting Tom's baby in midsummer, and Gisele apparently has no problem with that.

SEE TOM MAKING HIS OWN TEAM!!!!!!