Come on Joey!

'Thrax

New Metal Member
Apr 2, 2005
Joey belladona was my favorite Anthrax singer of all time. When I heard John bush for the first time my heart sunk - he just can't cut it vocally in my opinion. Joey's voice stood out from the crowd. Johns didnt. After initially buying 'Among the living' years ago - i was just instantly hooked.
Metal is so not what it used to be these days, It's so fucking great to see some old skool back in the scene! You guys should quit whining about "Stuck in a timewarp" or whatever. Do you go around saying that to every dude that wears Converse baseball shoes? They have been on the go since like 1920, fashion/trends comes and goes. The 80's ruled and It will be back just like the 60's and the 70's fashion has re-appeared.
When I saw Anthrax were headlining Download in the UK this year with Joey I bought tickets straight away. :headbang:
All flaming, and comments are welcome - stop being so narrowminded guys!

Yeah, so wot if i 'new' to the board.
I just wanna know whats happenin like the rest of you. Except i aint jumpin to any conclusions an bitchin bout it all. I been a fan for a good few years (and yes, sorry for only being born in 1986 and not having the oppertuntiy to support them from the start)

Same here, I have been a fan for a long time. I just checked out what was going down and saw all hell had been let loose.
I bet half you guys wouldn't say this belladonna slander to their faces.

[QUOTE='Thrax]Same here, I have been a fan for a long time. I just checked out what was going down and saw all hell had been let loose.
I bet half you guys wouldn't say this belladonna slander to their faces.[/QUOTE]

Why are they gonna kick me in my shins??? What, no short jokes?

This is a hell of a thing to be talking about on a first post.

I've loved Anthrax since Among the Living. I loved them when everyone gave up on them when Joey left. I've loved them in the John Bush era because it was as good as they'd ever done.

I would not slag off Joey to his face, or here, because he is an awesome vocalist. I am, however, gutted if John has left the band for good. I have enjoyed his music, vocals and his live performances for too long to be content with losing them for the future.

Anthrax were building up momentum, and were enhancing their position musically, if not in sales, with every album.

Lets put this in perspective. None of these guys need to do this for the money. the recent Dave Mustaine vs Dave Ellefson trial talked about megadeth having made $100m. Anthrax must be there, or there abouts.

I'd love to know the answer to the key questions:

1) Is John gone for good, or is the reunion a temporary position while he takes a sabatical?

2) Are we likely to see a new album with the "classic" line up (the definition of classic depends on your taste)?

We, the fans, DO need to be told. After all, we pay their wages. What is going on?

yossarianuk im with you. why are the band keeping everybody in the dark, they say there fans are the best, well why not treat us with repect, and tell us what the fuck is really happening. and as for the point of not saying this to there faces......well I would be only to happy to say it.

It was rumoured that Joey was coming back but the original lineup aswell. Awesome news, please please do another album together.

DeathRider11 said:
Yeah, so wot if i 'new' to the board.
I just wanna know whats happenin like the rest of you. Except i aint jumpin to any conclusions an bitchin bout it all. I been a fan for a good few years (and yes, sorry for only being born in 1986 and not having the oppertuntiy to support them from the start)

He was saying welcome you arrogant little dickhead! :tickled:
"go suck a dick huh"

[QUOTE='Thrax]
When I saw Anthrax were headlining Download in the UK this year with Joey I bought tickets straight away. :headbang:
All flaming, and comments are welcome - stop being so narrowminded guys![/QUOTE]

Sorry to say that a band called Black Sabbath are headlining Download followed by Velvet Revolver and them Him. Anthrax are about 4th down the list I think

HIM are the headliners? That bunch of sissy fag posers? I went to check em out in Prague years ago and they sucked an incredible amounts of fucking ass!

No, they are 3rd down the list. The mighty Sabbath are headlining. I do agree with your comments about Him!! But they are above the current Anthrax lineup on the bill

I don't really know HIM, But Black Sabbath, Velvet Revolver and Anthrax would be a fucking kick ass time!!

"which is something I can´t really understand."

It has nothing to do with the fact that Anthrax has been around 20+ years, it's because HIM is cool and hip at the moment.