Comics!

WARNING: lots of images!

Some more of my fav artists, Hugo Pratt from Italy is just too awsome:
acb8884994c0a919ed620bcb7b6448e1--bd-art-hugo-pratt.jpg
271c72819f387a8866bfc65b494fd4cd--concept-art-wheeling.jpg
cee1bea8efcee854e2fc106491007d1f--hugo-pratt-maltese.jpg

Another great one is Juan Giménez from Argentina:
fourthpower.jpg

And if you are talking about great comic book artists, you just HAVE to mention Hergé. Not my absolute fav, but he is just great and a BIG influence of alot of artists.
L_Ile_noire_Les_Aventures_de_Tintin_tome_7.jpg

And if you are talking about great comic book artists, you just HAVE to mention Hergé. Not my absolute fav, but he is just great and a BIG influence of alot of artists.

I love Hergé!

I only mentioned artists whom I own products by but if I expanded it beyond that he would most certainly be in there and at the top.
I adore his simplicity and thick line work, his vision is so complete and clear.

This is a good reminder to buy some Tintin.

I'M THE BIGGEST BADDEST COMIC BOOK COLLECTOR HERE AND I DONT OWN A SINGLE TINTIN BOOK. UUGGHMMFFF!
tenor.gif

bzzzzz, incorrect. The US is the world leader as far as comic books go, and Tintin is considered nothing more than average out here. For some reason you seem to be fascinated with allthis 2nd rate european stuff
There are great US comics, there are great euro comics, there are great asian comics, etc. etc. Don't see why I would limit myself. Saying Hergé is 2nd rate stuff is something I think ALOT of Americans would disagree with, but sure...
Also werent you complaining about Lemires "sketchy" style? Hugo Pratt is like the king of sketchy artwork.:erk:
Heh, yeah, but Hugo Pratt does water colors which is probably my favorite medium when it comes to art (both comics and other). Also, Pratts work is often scetchy, but still realistic and atmospheric. Lemires art is more "naive" and more simple (btw, this is not meant as something negative) which I'm not a big fan of.

Simple, yes ... but "naive"? cmon now. You would have to be naive to even imply that ;) They are both rather simple artists ... which i have no problem with since it fits both of their books well. Just not among my favorite styles. And pound for pound i would say Hugo is definitely the better artist.

And yes i miiiight have been a little harsh with saying its 2nd rate. But i can guarantee you that it isn't and never was considered a top-tier book out here.

When I was in elementary school I read every Tintin book in the school library over and over. Unfortunately it was a very small library so they didn't have all or even most of them. I also read other French-Belgian comics like Lucky Luke, Spirou, Gaston and a bunch I don't even know the English titles of... my favorite one of them all was and probably still is Asterix.

I was (and am) also a big fan of Don Rosa's Donald Duck comics, which have a grand sense of adventure not unlike what you'd find in a Tintin story. They're often steeped in history too, and based on extensive research.

Reactions: Vilden and CiG
I was (and am) also a big fan of Don Rosa's Donald Duck comics, which have a grand sense of adventure not unlike what you'd find in a Tintin story. They're often steeped in history too, and based on extensive research.
I like Don Rosa and I agree on what you wrote, but I still think Carl Barks is THE Donald Duck artist/writer. I think his art is much cleaner and more striking. The stories also feels more "classic" and fitting. Sometimes Don Rosa can feel like he wants to make adult comics with the Disney gang.

"preferential overlap in everything" you mean? Like that one time where you guys echoed the same exact post via "twin Peaks-GoT"? Literally word for word the same post.

I'm just messing with you anyway. You should know by now that nothing i say should be taken to the butt.

I've been collecting those hardcovers for about 10 years now, and some of them are still shrink-wrapped as you guys can see. Which means i either have them in singles(which i never sell) or had them in TPB's. Marvel Omnibuses are the best.