Comics!

@CASSETTEISGOD , @TechnicalBarbarity :Some pictures of my collection.

First my albums. Really bad pictures because the lightning there is bad. If you wonder about anything specific I can take a detail shot on it. :p
20171014_093908.jpg

A picture with lots of boxes filled with single issues. About 2/3s of my singles are in those I think:
20171014_094237.jpg

Not featured in those pictures are around 300 swedish Donald Duck-pocket books and maybe 1/3 of my singles which are all stowed away in some closet.

@CASSETTEISGOD , @TechnicalBarbarity :Some pictures of my collection.

First my albums. Really bad pictures because the lightning there is bad. If you wonder about anything specific I can take a detail shot on it. :p
View attachment 12117

A picture with lots of boxes filled with single issues. About 2/3s of my singles are in those I think:
View attachment 12116

Not featured in those pictures are around 300 swedish Donald Duck-pocket books and maybe 1/3 of my singles which are all stowed away in some closet.
Niiiice. That's a proper fuckin' collection you have there man. :kickass:
What are those thin ones on the 2nd to bottom shelves on the left?

Reactions: Vilden
That's euro comics only. ;)

It's (mostly) swedish editions of Belgian/French-style comics. Stuff like Tintin, Blueberry, Spirou, Lucky Luke, Valerian and Laureline, Bouncer, etc. I think quite a few of those never been translated to english.
yeah i dont think ive heard of any of those outside of Tintin.

I see plenty of DC stuff up there, but nothing from marvel. Not a fan of their stuff?

And dude, i cant say this enough ... but you should definitely check out Concrete.

I don't mind marvel as such, it's more that I'm not really a superhero fan. Why I've got a bunch of DC stuff is mostly because I like Batman and then branched out from there, but tbh I don't like alot of non-Batman DC either. When "The New 52" started I thought I would really get into it and followed most of the bigger titles and had probably several hundred of those comics. I sold most of them off not that long ago because they were mostly going nowhere and did nothing.

I DO like All Star Superman though. Awsome books! :)

BTW, I've got a few Marvel albums, a few Civil War and some of Frank Millers stuff, but that's about it I guess.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Get ready for a [bitter]sweet treat in ICE CREAM MAN this January

IceCreamMan-01_cvrA_356_540.jpg

Never read anything from any of the people involved but this looks like it might be worth checking out.

:)

BTW, I've got a few Marvel albums, a few Civil War and some of Frank Millers stuff, but that's about it I guess.

I hope some of that Frank Miller stuff is his Dardevil run!

And yeah, i know they marketed the New 52 as some type of revamp, but there's no way trying to follow it wouldn't have given anyone who wasn't pretty versed in the DC universe a giant headache. I even stayed away from most of that stuff.

Last year, Austria got its own superhero-series, simply titled "Austrian Superheroes". Recently, Germany followed with "Liga deutscher Helden". Both series came into being via a crowdfunding-campaign. So far, they are only available in German, thus probably nearly anyone here who might be interested in checking them out won't be able to read them.

Paperback in this case, just that I got some online bookstore giftcards for Christmas so I'm looking around at stuff that is usually out of my range of what I'm willing to spend. I looked around and there's no Concrete on this store btw.

Any suggestions for collections, omnibuses etc?

hmm, if you're looking for superhero stuff check out Brubaker's Captain America run. Dark, gritty, somewhat political etc. Easily the best take anyone has had on the character imo. He had a pretty cool Daredevil run too. Also Jonathan Hickmans Fantastic Four was the shit and one of my favorite reads when i shortly started buying singles again.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/prof...-america-by-ed-brubaker-reading-order/104475/

If you want something outside of the marvel universe, go with Brubakers Criminal, which is one of the bet noire-ish crime book around or Hickmans mindfucks that are The Nightly News and Pax Romana

Reactions: CiG
Paperback in this case, just that I got some online bookstore giftcards for Christmas so I'm looking around at stuff that is usually out of my range of what I'm willing to spend. I looked around and there's no Concrete on this store btw.

Any suggestions for collections, omnibuses etc?
Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy
Witchblade Compendium #1