Comics!

Witchblade? Really?
I think Witchblade is great, the art is ofcourse stereotypical but I think that kind of add to the atmosphere.

@Vilden the site doesn't hold either one. Btw, what do you think of the new live action Battle Angel Alita film?
Didn't even know there was one coming out, pretty stoked tbh. Battle Angel Alita is among my top 3 mangas ever (the anime is good too but it finishes when it the story gets epic).

I haven't watched any trailers or anything yet though, does it look promising?

I think Witchblade is great, the art is ofcourse stereotypical but I think that kind of add to the atmosphere.
I thought it was pretty pedestrian, but i only read like the first 10-15 issues, of which i still have in singles actually. The art was actually the best part of the series. Silvestris work is always fantastic and Michael Turner is pretty good too. Don't know they changed up artists later on or what.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
oh man i thought you;d already read Transmetropolitan, if not get on it.

edit: Holy Fuck you still haven't read millers Daredevil. :mad:

I've read almost everything(minus Aliens) you listed and you cant go wrong with anything up there tbh. Definitely start with Daredevil, which is the greatest comic book run ever imo.

I've read the first Daredevil collection but it wasn't my copy, which kinda backlashed on me because then it killed my motivation to buy a book I'd already read. :lol:

I now no longer ever borrow any books or DVDs from friends.

I've read almost everything you listed and you cant go wrong with anything up there tbh.

I'm leaning towards the Hellboy book (which is $70 on that site) and one of the cheaper books like Transmetropolitan. So nothing up there is a flop?

Over here the average price for the first compendium is about $90. I was considering just throwing the whole giftcard at something like that, but I just didn't know if the quality matched the hype of the franchise.

Probably a lot man. I'd buy cheaper copies from overseas but usually the shipping costs render it a pointless endeavor.

I usually buy from places like Ebay or Amazon but this giftcard is for a specific store so I'm stuck with the retarded retail prices over here.

These are what I'm considering:

Hellblazer - Original Sins

V for Vendetta

Year One

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Hellboy: Volume 1

Aliens Omnibus 1

Transmetropolitan Volume 1

Daredevil by Frank Miller & Klaus Janson - Volume 1

Obviously I can't buy them all, it's only a $100 giftcard and I really don't want to add any of my own real money to it.
Here's my ranking:

Best ones (tier 1):

Hellblazer: Original Sin
Hellboy: Volume 1
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Not as good imo but still timeless classics you should read (tier 2):

V for Vendetta
Daredevil by Frank Miller & Klaus Janson - Volume 1

Fine choices but got nothing on the ones above (tier 3):

Year One
Aliens Omnibus 1 (be prepered that alot of the stuff in this has fucked up canon)
Transmetropolitan Volume 1

Haven't read so can't really comment on:

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Reactions: CiG
BTW if I would go with just one of those, I would choose Hellblazer. Delanos run is pretty much top tier American comics and the best from Vertigo.

BTW if I would go with just one of those, I would choose Hellblazer. Delanos run is pretty much top tier American comics and the best from Vertigo.
... and is absolutely nowhere near being on the same level as Frank Millers Daredevil as far as American Comic books and their tiers go. ;) And that's coming form a huge Hellblazer fan

Last edited: