Comics!

What's everybody been reading lately?

I've been reading Chuck Dixon's 1987/88 miniseries The Winterworld (hence the current avi) though I haven't picked up a physical copy, just reading them digitally for now. I really love the style:

4364192-winter+world+001+00.jpg

4e2baaec0cb18591182af6f4ec37e5d8.jpg

Essentially it's a post-apocalyptic/survivalist story about a new ice age which has covered the planet and the main character is a wanderer with a pet attack-badger, haha. So good.

Besides my regular new stuff (a list that has been decreasing as of late), I've started picking up back issues of a few series. The one that I'm most interested in getting a full run of right now is the DC Comics series All-Star Squadron. And in a bit of lucky coincidence, one of the artists who worked on the latter part of the run is going to be at a comic convention in my area in mid-October.

https://www.amazon.com/Sons-El-Topo...9a3f2c7bbac5ad76ad4adf4ef835be&language=en_US

51tgM0q5ymL._SX365_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Reactions: CiG
why does Marvel keep making Spiderman have brand-new #1 issues
it's stupid
number 800 was followed by yet another #1, what the fuck?
why the fuck does anyone think anyone wants this?

since i'm too lazy to learn a second language
kinda waiting for an English translation of this
kollektivet "hundre kilo" - Google Search
That's my favourite Norwegian comic series! From my own experience I'd say that Norwegian is easier than English.
However, you find some samples in English here, as e.g. these:

E2452.jpg

E2343.jpg

E2264.jpg

E1975.jpg

And there's also a facebook-page with some more strips:
https://de-de.facebook.com/chezcuckoo/

I wonder why they used "Chez cuckoo" as the English title of this series, because "Kollektivet" actually means "shared flat".

Reactions: CiG
if you're learning a second language
English is the hardest one in the world
if you're a toddler learning your "mother tongue" English isn't really so hard

That's my favourite Norwegian comic series! From my own experience I'd say that Norwegian is easier than English.
However, you find some samples in English here, as e.g. these:

E2452.jpg

E2343.jpg

E2264.jpg

E1975.jpg

And there's also a facebook-page with some more strips:
https://de-de.facebook.com/chezcuckoo/

I wonder why they used "Chez cuckoo" as the English title of this series, because "Kollektivet" actually means "shared flat".
thanx
i read all the english-translated strips and laughed my ass off

Reactions: Burkhard
if you're learning a second language
English is the hardest one in the world
You are joking, aren't you? If not: How can you tell that English is the hardest language in the world, if you haven't learned a second language yet? The most difficult thing about English is probably that you can never be sure how to pronounce a word correctly, unless you have heard it.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
I heard it was the hardest, but that's a pretty difficult thing to determine. My friend learned Finnish and talked endlessly about how hard that was for her, I tried learning Mandarin at one point but gave up.