Comics!

Rucka is mediocre at best. Gotham Central is the best thing he was involved in, and i'd say most of the credit for that series goes to Ed Brubaker, an infinitely superior writer. His work on Punisher and Wolverine are okay too. So yeah.

The only good part maybe? Nah it wasn't that bad. But he's definitely become a boring politically autistic turd lately.

If you sacrifice writing for your agenda, you're a fucking hack.

What side of the fence was he on? I totally agree with you, but one side has much less of a voice than the other in this country. So i personally would can it pass if he was pushing right wing agendas through his books, although i probably wouldn't read them. But yeah, that shit has no place in the comic book world and definitely does not belong there.

edit: think i'm gonna look this shit up(the whole Rucka politics thing, not his books), sounds kind of interesting tbh.

Oh he's a super sappy SJW/feminist/leftist twat. I don't care about politically biased writers who put it in their stories, just don't hamfist it into oblivion ffs.

If you sacrifice writing for your agenda, you're a fucking hack.
I agree about that.
The only superhero comic I've read from Rucka is Gotham Central which I liked, his independent stuff I've read is great I think.

One of the worst mainstream writers nowdays is Brian Wood. Lots of his stuff has been hyped the last couple of years, but they've pretty much all been bad, like his Star Wars, his Conan, The Massive, etc.

The best superhero writer ever is Grant Morrison, some poeple, like Alan Moore has probably reached higher peaks but not consistently.

BTW @CASSETTEISGOD , do you read anything besides American (action-esque) comics? This is not ment to sound condecending btw, just that I think you would like alot of the (more adult oriented) euro scene. :)

Reactions: CiG
BTW @CASSETTEISGOD , do you read anything besides American (action-esque) comics? This is not ment to sound condecending btw, just that I think you would like alot of the (more adult oriented) euro scene. :)

American comic books are actually a rather recent thing for me, I have always been more of a manga fan, starting from childhood. But I also like many British comic books of course. Always happy to get some cool European recommendations though!

Vertigo have some awesome stuff as far as non-superhero shit goes. Maybe even the best.

And i'd take a prime Frank Miller over any of those two, especially Grant Morrison. Who is a complete hit or miss. Don't get me wrong, his a great writer, but some if his books are all over the fucking place ... to a point where the more casual readers wouldn't even be able to folow his shit ... and im jsut talking his superhero works. I dare anyone who's not too into the comic book world to try and read through his Batman run.

i fucking love We3 though <3. Oh and Frank Quitely <3 x2

we3-cover.jpg

Yeah, picking up his Batman run halfway in or reading it abit casually has to be impossible, but I think it is great through all of the books it spans through, and All-Star Superman is the #1 Superman comic ever.

Never read We3 but I've picked it up in stores several times and almost bought it. But I've always went for something else so maybe I should finally get it :p

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
e and i think you'll enjoy it for sure, definitely one of his best. And yeah, All-Star Superman is definitely one of, if not the best Superman comics. I have both volumes in hardcover. I'm also a big fan of his New X-Men.

Yeah, especially Batman RIP ... i remember most people who where following the series didn't even know what the fuck was going on, lol. But yeah, i liked it.

Love his Swamp Thing, classic stuff. :/

So... I've been binge reading the new Marvel Star Wars comics (got all of them, but haven't been keeping up on the reading) Not entirely sure what to make of it, some of it is great, like the Han Solo mini series for example and I also love Doctor Aphra, a cool character with flaws that makes her interesting and fun to read about.
Some stuff is just too awkward though, waaay too much out of character stuff and Whats up with the gunpowder weapons? Does not fit, at all. And some stories are down right embarassing, like the Princess Leia issues about her gathering the alderaanian people. Leia is actually portrayed really bad in general imo.

I think I liked the old canon more, but that may be me being used to characters like Jacen, Jana, Mara Jade, etc.

Reactions: CiG