Comparing Guitars

xcobhcx

Jul 17, 2005
Hey, i was just wondering why Alexi's cost more than this other look alike guitar. Is it just cause its "Alexi's" or is there things that are better about it. if any one can please tell me what the differences are and what they would suggest.
Alexi's Look alike
Alexi's Guitar

thanks

better is subjective man, i mean would you rather have a guitar with a dual humbucker setup and a floyd rose or a single humbucker guitar with a floyd rose, never mind that it's alexi's signature model as that really is irrelavent, a well setup guitar is going to play awesome no matter who makes it, personally while i like alexi's V, i find it to be a little to simple for my tastes, now if it had the booster installed, a coil split and tap function, as well as a passive humbucker setup (and i dont me hz's, dimarzio x2n please) and 27 frets, i would consider it, but for $5500, i could have that and then some going full custom (and still have @ least 1900 left in the bank)

well that price is in Australian money its 4,100 in US Dollars. But sorry for being not that smart which is better?
i mean would you rather have a guitar with a dual humbucker setup and a floyd rose or a single humbucker guitar with a floyd rose

Well alexi's guitar gets made from the top grade wood while the std one just gets made from the std grade maple and alder. You pay for those scythe inlays and I think the floyd rose may differ aswell, oh and the one comes with a case and those are quite £££$$$ ;) and alexis model is constructed on demand, while the others are made on a more asembly line kinda way and then shipped out to be sold.
Im not 100% on all of this, but i mean use your head :p

And about the single humbucker, I actually have some issues hitting my neck pickup as I play so having that out of the way may be nice as i dont realy use it anyways since i dont play neck pickup music, but having it keeps the doors open since im still learning.

the floyd rose does not differ. id rather use the money towards a custom Jackson anyway. $5,000+ is a retarded price for any guitar really, unless it was personally owned by someone famous

Same old subject...well Alexi's sig is hand made in custom shop, so you're paying extra for that also...and of course you're paying for the name.

It has some unique features (one pickup, different inlays, maybe it has thinner neck), of course it has better quality wood...so you pay 4000 $.

For that money I suggest making your own custom (it could be something like Alexi's sig).

Here where I live the price to make a top grade guitar paying like 1500 USD, 2000 at maximum, with all the stuff I can ever hope for...when you buy an esp(specially considering it's a signature model) you're paying for the label, the 666 workers at the assembly line, the machinery used in the woodwork...I prefer handmade stuff :p

Btw I'd rather buy the 'look alike' than the sig...I cannot live without my neck pup

Buying someone's guitar (copy) is gay. For that money you can make your own...
I wouldn't buy a signature model even I had that much money.

BloodyScalpel said:
Here where I live the price to make a top grade guitar paying like 1500 USD, 2000 at maximum, with all the stuff I can ever hope for...when you buy an esp(specially considering it's a signature model) you're paying for the label, the 666 workers at the assembly line, the machinery used in the woodwork...I prefer handmade stuff :p

Btw I'd rather buy the 'look alike' than the sig...I cannot live without my neck pup

Tagima guitars!!

Tagima?? You guys ever heard of it? o_O
Yeah but only the kiko loureiro one is worth its price, the cheaper ones are crap(just like anything actually) and many others are expensive but with a not-so-good sound and feel...trust me, I don't recommend them unless you can grab then in your hands and test them fully amplified :D

Actually I meant those nameless luthier guitars, some of 'em work miracles on a cracked mahogany blank and a flamed maple veneer...now if you give them some top notch material then you have a piece of art.

why the hell does alexi use an EMG HZ?
well actually...i have 2 HZs on my ax that need replacement. i heard about the kerry king pickup set (81 and 85 with 10 db boost). looks good.

BloodyScalpel said:
Tagima?? You guys ever heard of it? o_O
Yeah but only the kiko loureiro one is worth its price, the cheaper ones are crap(just like anything actually) and many others are expensive but with a not-so-good sound and feel...trust me, I don't recommend them unless you can grab then in your hands and test them fully amplified :D

Actually I meant those nameless luthier guitars, some of 'em work miracles on a cracked mahogany blank and a flamed maple veneer...now if you give them some top notch material then you have a piece of art.

Course i know Tagima!

And i also know that brazillians can put a LOT of American luthiers to shame when it comes to guitar building.

I'd love a custom brazillian guitar made out of amazonian wood :D..
...then play a greenpeace "save the world" gig..

But seriously, i would love one

imho when he played jacksons his tone was good...i liked it

and after hcdr when he switched guitars it started to suck. i'm not saying it's only because of guitars...but changing that shitty pickups would help