Concert Behavior

First Opeth concert coming up, so it helps to know what to expect :D

I've been to NZ death metal concerts, and they usually rage. Most metalheads I've come across in NZ are bogan, rough tuff biker dudes. Not alot of us Sensitive New-Age Metalheads around.
So I hope my fellow Kiwi's aren't all meatheads and jump around and do stupid shit, because surely it's not just another death metal concert, it's Opeth, and a certain degree of stillness is required.

Don't get me wrong but it's American crowd that sucks.. Go see Opeth in Europe, guys, then you'll see people singing along to accoustic parts of songs rather than screaming ,then you will see people who are concentrated on Opeth rather than moshing/crowd surfing etc.

That's what I concluded after seeing bands in Europe and in USA. ;)

Yet I am not against moshing or crowd surfing or whatever.. Let people do whatever they want.

Being a kinda dull dude, I dont really like it when they crash into eachother and shit. Seeing Sabbath in Bergen, the gig was almost, nearly ruined by these drunks who would bump into you on their way from the stage to the "bar" (was an outdoors gig) and back, spilling beer and stuff. Very annoying. but if you wanna stand still and headbang, that's cool. This denim and Maiden-leather wearing guy was standing next to me, headbanging to "fairies wear boots," I looked at him for a few seconds and then joined in. That was great.

blood.jpg

from a disgorge gig in sydney (i think)
fucking brutal.. maybe a little too brutal...

phagist_ said:
blood.jpg

WTF?! Bring latex gloves and shit, I guess. That much blood is bad news...

yeah, cover your cuts and wear goggles and don't open your mouth, you could get aids at a concert.:ill:

Crowd's in Europe are better than the US ???

Was it just me or did the EuroCrowd on the Lamentations DVD look really lame. I remember watching it with a bunch of friends before we went to the show last year & everyone was like "Do the fans even know who they are" ???

But then we went to Worcester & the crowd totally rocked out.

I think Mike like's us over here. That's why Opeth returns to the US semiannually. I also remember Mike saying Opeth fans in Sweden were stubborn & spoiled or something to that effect. Opeth loves the US & the US loves Opeth.

Kenneth R. said:
that right there is the definition of brutal. somebody probably went to the hospital, if not multiple people

That's rather a lot of blood yes, but it looks like it would just be a busted lip or nose. Look on the left where most of the bloods collected, the rest will have just been spat or sprayed. It always looks like a lot more blood than it is when i scattered that far. Besides the bloods red not dark red or purple which means it's won't be a busted artery i don't think. I'd put money on broken nose and possibly busted lip. Bad either way.

That kiddies is why should not "pit".

phagist_ said:
blood.jpg

This is the most metal picture I've ever seen !

atrocity said:
Yet I am not against moshing or crowd surfing or whatever.. Let people do whatever they want.

Point.

opeth8 said:
I think Mike like's us over here. That's why Opeth returns to the US semiannually.

...and - maybe - the record sales. ;)

I also remember Mike saying Opeth fans in Sweden were stubborn & spoiled or something to that effect. Opeth loves the US & the US loves Opeth.

I remeber many bands saying something like "Cologne, you are the best, and I really mean it." You really believe this ?

I was at the Saskatoon show on the 7th. Mikael was playing a slow part and this motherfucker comes and screams like a fucking pig. (Mikael called him a pig later on in the show). He kept doing that and it was almost louder than the show. I yelled at him, "HEY! SHUT THE FUCK UP! YOU'RE RUINING IT!". He stopped for a while then kept doing it. He'd scream for like 10-20 seconds at a time. It pissed me off so much.

Hügelgräber said:
I remeber many bands saying something like "Cologne, you are the best, and I really mean it." You really believe this ?

I'm waiting for a band to say, "Thank you, [Insert City Here]! You guys usually suck but you were okay this time!"

And here I used to think that Detroit really was the shit for metal concerts (yeah Harpo's!) :headbang:

KiwiCam said:
First Opeth concert coming up, so it helps to know what to expect :D

I've been to NZ death metal concerts, and they usually rage. Most metalheads I've come across in NZ are bogan, rough tuff biker dudes. Not alot of us Sensitive New-Age Metalheads around.
So I hope my fellow Kiwi's aren't all meatheads and jump around and do stupid shit, because surely it's not just another death metal concert, it's Opeth, and a certain degree of stillness is required.

its almost a certainty some of the crowd are gonna be those faggots, heres hoping they have collective seziures and get trampled beneath the crowd