Concerts - 2004

rahvin said:
yes, sbooking a ticket would have been quite painful. :p
hush, you, or I'll sbook you back to the stone age. :p

(it's weird, though. my typing in swedish is not affected at all by alcohol, while my posts here from last night look horrible. :err::eek:)

on-topic, things are looking bright in spite of the above annoyance

30/9 therion, beseech (with a friend's band opening for them, which is cool)
9/10 freak kitchen + others
12/10 possibly slayer/slipknot
17/10 nasum
30/10 possibly dissection + deathstars, now when seelenschmerz is postponed.
6/11 if there are tickets left when I try to book on monday; tinitus festival with, among others, vnv nation (and alphaville :p)
30/11 lars winnerbäck

and, since there is no "concerts 2005" thread:

31/1 r.e.m.

I saw In Flames last night, as mentioned earlier, and oh my god, it was amazing! They played At The Gates' "Blinded by fear".

September 30 - Jetliner

I just got my tickets for two great shows : Cradle Of Filth, Arch Enemy, Bleeding Through and HIMSA... I'm not into the recent CoF albums...but they still put on a good show...Arch Enemy is one of my favorite bands..Finally, I don't like hardcore in general...but these 2 last bands doesnt sound bad to me.

And the second show...is Children of Bodom..the first headlining show for me... :headbang: Just can't wait...

I would love to say I was going to see Dark Tranquillity....but since I know them ; haven't seen one (!) date in Montreal :erk: I don't get it...In Flames are always around... INJUSTICE!

rahvin said:
maybe in may i can even bring someone along... i wonder.
so what are you wondering? and who are you bringing? will i appreciate their presence there? :p

@Delirious: no prob.. i'm just terribly sorry about it, it feels awful to see so many interesting festivals getting cancelled or just plain fucked up. at least they announced it early enough this time..

I saw Dragonforce last night. Awesome gig... as good as expected really (I expected the best :) )

Inflames playing Blinded by fear annoys me for some reason... Im not sure why, but I couldn't help but *tut* at the screen, then again Id love to see them play that if I were there, as long as they still played 'Artifacts of Black rain' at some point in the set :p.

Ive got Suffocation, Dissection and Deicide coming up. Im excited about Dissection, I dont really care about the other two. They should be fun though. I wanted to see Godforbid but they're supporting machine head and the type of people that go to machine head gigs turn my stomach, they all compete to be most alternative/Gothy, when the truth is most of em are just Posers anyway, then when they look down on me I just wanna crack skulls. Gooseraba *breaths* Goooooserabaaa :p

Not sure if I am going to see Deicide tonight in Santa Ana, CA. I am planning to see Mortician on Thursday (Hollywood) and Friday (Corona). I love those guys. And can't wait to see Napalm Death/Cannibal Corpse, even though I've seen these bands too many times. I am bummed out Vader had to cancel.

Sweet, a Los Angelino!

mortiis and susperia on the 14 of oct (already seen susperia, i cant take mortiis seriously but it will be fun :D )
spinefeast 28-30 oct (i got the LAST 3 day ticket! yaaaaay!)
dissection 4 of nov

Hey there Arch, what part of California are you from? If you are from L.A. or nearby, will you be at any of the shows I mentioned earlier? I got sick yesterday so had to miss Mortician, but I am going tonight in Corona. Is it 5:00 p.m. yet so I can leave work?

Blah!

Black Metal Slut said:
Hey there Arch, what part of California are you from? If you are from L.A. or nearby, will you be at any of the shows I mentioned earlier? I got sick yesterday so had to miss Mortician, but I am going tonight in Corona. Is it 5:00 p.m. yet so I can leave work?

Blah!

I'm from Los Angeles, specifically the San Gabriel Valley area. I'm not a big black metal fan, actually. No, I don't think I'll be in the shows you'd mention.

Wow, I was in Azusa this weekend to visit a friend and her kids. The Corona show sucked!!! It wasn't the bands, it was more of the crowd. I heard the show on Thursday was wayyy better. Nokturne cancelled the Corona gig so I was upset about that. This Friday, I am going to see some local black and death metal bands in Downey at the Hully Gully. What bands are you into?

the show calendar for this city up to the end of the year is positively sucky. bleah.