Concerts - 2005

fireangel said:
I´m sorry to announce that, but just recently they had a gig in Helsinki. But keep your eyes open, I have the impression that gigs in HKI happen quite often, so that you´ll catch the next one.

I was invited to that gig personally by W. and couldn't make it.:erk: My luck.

Child of Time said:
BFS: There seems to be tickets left for DEP now at least, even if it's too late to book them. :rolleyes:
I'm not too good at socializing, and I can't afford much alcohol this month either. :erk: What should I do? ;)

well, i thought Burst were amazing, and DEP were as unappetizing as i expected, though i went with the idea that they could break my prejudice towards them. i mean, obviously they play well, i just dont like what they play. as for friday, i will be there, and i dont want to speak for anyone, but i think mp-akk will be there, so come and make it a UM happening. or something. OMG one week til my stockholm/alabama thunderpussy outing. yay.

Damn. I get mysteriously and spontaneously logged off sometimes, too. :ill:

So yeah, Kreator/Strapping Young Lad, et al tonight, Apr 12

Bring on the Young
Bring on the dumb

:devil:

wildfyr said:
Damn. I get mysteriously and spontaneously logged off sometimes, too. :ill:

So yeah, Kreator/Strapping Young Lad, et al tonight, Apr 12

Bring on the Young
Bring on the dumb

:devil:

:) if possible, you mind letting me know what kinda merch Kreator and Vader has after the show? Also the setlist and maybe share your experience? ^__^

lucifer1126 said:
:) if possible, you mind letting me know what kinda merch Kreator and Vader has after the show? Also the setlist and maybe share your experience? ^__^

Re: Kreator/Vader merch - I don't recall everything that was available but be prepared to bring lots of cash if you're looking to buy stuff. At the show here, Kreator and Vader shared booth space area. It was a rather large set-up with the early opening bands' booths to the left and SYL's booth to the right. Kreator has everything you can think of down to thongs, or maybe they were speedos. (?) Not sure what they were. If I recall correctly it looked like the Kreator merch was mostly all current design stuff. Vader had a lot of regular tees with various past and current designs, as they always do. Plus, I think there were some longsleeves and other stuff available there as well. One thing I did not make note of at any of the booths was if any music merch was available. There may have been but if so I didn't notice. My attention was mainly focused on the clothing items.

Re: The Experience - Got there late due to being a slowpoke that day and missed the opening bands. Heard thru the grapevine that Propain did not play but will hopefully catch all the missed bands on other dates. Arrived in time to grab a beer before Vader, then went down front when they came on. :D They crushed!...like they always do. \m/ After that, grabbed more beer and chatted with a few complete strangers at the bar before SYL hit the stage. Went back down in front again for them and went completely bonkers during their set. Tried to participate by singing along but ended up emitting horribly bad vocal shrieks, especially when screaming: "I FUCKING HATE MYSELF" :oops: :loco:

Switched from beer to water - lots of water - before and during the Kreator set. Met Alina (Squeak) for the first time and spoke to her briefly right before Kreator came on. (Looking forward to the pics!) Was feeling on top of the world during Kreator's set and was still down on the floor carrying a massive high from seeing Vader and Strapping Young Lad earlier. Kreator's light show, sound, performance - everything! - seemed perfect to
me. Overall, a mighty fine experience. Didn't keep any fan-girlie set lists for any bands that night, though. Sorry. :p

The HOB is an excellent music venue. Since it's built specifically for stage performances it's difficult to not have a good concert experience there. I felt the same way when the Soilwork/DT/Hypocrisy/Mnemic show came through the week before. The last time I'd seen a Soilwork show before last week was at the Vic Theatre when they opened for In Flames. From where I was standing that night they didn't sound too good, but that certainly was not the case when I saw them last week at HOB. They had a great sound compared to last time. The lighting, stage production, and performance was all top-notch pro stuff. I imagined what it would might be like to see Dark Tranquillity do a headline performance show there and I got goosebumps and felt all tingly thinking what that would be like. I suspect it would be superb! :headbang:

welll, child of time, we didnt meet on friday, you antisocial thing, you. whats the next cool gothenburg gig? my next thing is seeing alabama thunderpussy in stockholm on wednesday while visiting some friends there. and im sure i will be at the next belsepub installment.
if i am really good and lucky, i may be able to go to the rockhard fest in germany, mid-may, but those plans are entirely up in the air right now.

hi folks back from my short 30km trip to karlsruhe watching anathema and porcupine tree.
araving at the venue I had problems to find a place for my car so I left it on the sidewalk

first shock: full of people perhaps about 700.damn I though it would be a nice intimate gig

second shock:no fotographs and filming allowed.I did not show my digicam and walked trough the entrance

third shock: the merchandise prices: for an anathema-shirt 22?, cds 18, the bloody dvd 25?!!!!!porcupine tree the same shirt 22?, cd 18? and hoodie about 45?
damn those bastards hey you arent metallica or iron maiden so why those prices?

I refused to buy anything and searched a place in the front of the main speakers.anathema started to play 15mins earlier than expected, okay it was a good idea to come here right in time.
they started with shrould of false and fragile dreams. good choice. there were just songs of the last 4 albums played,sadly no dying wish and no judgement(the song)
but they played very intensive, closer is unbelievanble played live. I was really impressed, those guys rock. after 40 minutes it was over.:cry:

15 minutes later porcupine tree began their set.they had a big lighshow and an videoscreen with a beamer, like tool, with mystical videos and images .nice.steve wilson played barfeet. okay I just have one record of them, in absentia so I didnt knew most of the songs.hm good and long gig(nearly 2 hours) but I didnt got in touch with the music. on record I like them very much but live its not so cool as in my head. I enjoyed it but not so much as anathema. anyway the crowd loved PT, I didnt knew that so much people like them. there were a lot of aged people there(the pink floyd fans who search for new idols as PF is dead since 10 years).
good and interesting concert but I did more exect from porcupine tree, must check out their older things.
or its just because im a metal fan and not soo much prog rock like they were on stage?

DragonLady1 said:
anathema and porcupine tree in münchen and pratteln were amazing, still cant believe how great that was... very impressed again :)

well anathema was great in karlsruhe but procupine tree , live it isnt my cup of tea
but these mechandiseprices were horrible
25€ for the dvd and 18 for a cd!!!
in karlsruhe it was forbidden to take pictures how did they in munich?

DragonLady1 said:
it was forbidden too but I had a photopass ;)
I agree the pt merch was a bit expensive but 25 euros for a dvd is the price u get in the shops too... dont remember what the other stuff did cost tho

thirts -22€
hoddies -45€
cds -18€ or 17€

on other gigs I payed 10€ for a cd thats a good price but there they were more expensiver than in the shops

oh, i hope someone bootlegs/bootleged it.
there's a, vincent & danny only i think, wish you were here live mp3 in circulation, and it's absolutely amazing (if only that someone in the audience singing along not too well would shut up... :rolleyes: )

just saw that you, if i'm not completely mistaken, took the were you there? cover picture, btw. cool. :)