Concerts - 2005

Just got back from seeing Porcupine Tree, and it was fantastic. They were the only band (it was a "warm-up" gig) but they played for 2 hours. To say it was their first live performance for a while and they played a lot of new songs, they were amazing. Their new songs, which did nothing for me when hearing them in my room, were surprisingly enjoyable live, so it was probably even better than I expected overall. Plus I was one of the few people who yelled loudly when young Steven asked if anyone had heard the new album yet, so I feel all 1337 and things. Naturally enough, I was a bastard and refused to tell anyone else how to download it.

OrphanedAngel said:
DARK TRANQUILLITY June 19 - Rockwave, Greece :headbang:

have you totally confused it with last year's gig, or is it my worst nightmare becoming reality?!?!?! i'll never be able to afford all the gigs i want to be in during may/june! i just know this one won't be sacrificed though... :D

GGRRRRR i wish i could see PT again - and with one of my fav bands anathema too! but that shit aint comin to sweden - and then i think im missing them stateside as well. how gay.
tonight i will be seeing some norwegian band insense and 2 ton predator in gothenburg.i hope to see alabama thunderpussy in stockholm later this month.

Ohnoooo
I decided not go to Graspop this year (been there last year and the year before that) cos the line-up hasnt change that much (I espec. dont want to see Iron Maiden _again_ >_<) and now DT is playing there..! Aaaahh ..
Decisions, decisions :p

April 21 (maybe) DT, Soilwork, Mnemic and Hipocresy
May 28 (sure) Motörhead, Danzig, Mago de Oz, W.a.s.p., hammerfall, sonata artica and metal church amongst others... (i'd trade them all for porcupine tree + anathema though :( )

DragonLady1 said:
rusty, wow, I cant wait to see them too with anathema end of the month in munich and pratteln, will be great I'm sure... :)
Lucky me, I get to see them both tomorrow evening as well. ;)

hm just saw that gates of metal festival in sweden, looks really really good, could be a great alternative for wacken where I was already last year and I wanna see something else now... yeah... could be worth a travel for sure :)

La Rocque said:
Eminen and 50 Cent are doing a stadium this summer
probably go a few times
Linkin Park possibly G-Unit will be part of this tour
there will be major booty at these shows -
I would like to go to see Linkin Park, but there's too many kids there. Kids = very annoying at concerts. Do these kids bother you?

Arch said:
I would like to go to see Linkin Park, but there's too many kids there. Kids = very annoying at concerts. Do these kids bother you?

I remember when I saw LInkin Park the first(and last time) in 2001 at Rock im Park there were just good locking girls there. STrange thing the same was when I saw HIM when they released their first album(which isnt bad)
so no kids just girls
now Im wise and rich enough to see bands where there are absolutely no kids with their fucking eastpack-rucksack jumping around and shit like that
or did anybody saw these numetalkids in converge, nasum or cult of luna shows?

Tomorrow - Strapping Young Lad, Misery Signals, The Agony Scene, Reflux

Thinking of seeing Ravi Shankar on May 18th, and make an attempt to see Therion on September 3rd (I think that's the date).