Concerts - 2005

Lina said:
Hey, I had to take a $250 2-hour plane ride each way, pay $100 for the show ticket, and spend $160 for a hotel. So don't give me any "boo-hoo, they didn't stop on my doorstep" crap. :p
I could say something about how much money we make annually, but I'll just settle with, as it were, coyly suggesting of such a factor.
Except that's not very coy. And there's also the factor of how much money we need to spend annually.
I'm glad the worst of my sarcasm at least seemed to elude you.

I think I'll see Green Carnation next month. Too bad their latest album sucks ass. Why do I always see bands I love after they've made one clearly just downright bad album? Metallica, Opeth, Green Carnation...oh Battlelore too, but at least that's one band I saw before they went downhill.

I bet the next Dark Tranquillity album will suck too and then they'll tour Finland (again?).

I went to see Into Eternity and Stratovarius tonight. Great show, great audience reception. Coming up... The Black Dahlia Murder.

I'm looking foward to the rest of your IE and Strato pics, Arch. Have fun at The Black Dahlia Murder show.

Coming up soon

Oct 16 - This Sunday... (SUNDAY SUNday sunday)

Meshuggah
God Forbid
The Haunted
Mnemic

This will be my first live Meshuggah experience and I'm really hyped about getting another chance to thrash my hair around with THE HAUNTED again. =) And hopefully get some good pics. fuck yeah!

\,,/

@Lina: Yeah, it made me feel a lot better. I saw them in Prague this summer and they were simply amazing. Too bad they opened for Paradise Lost who were quite the opposite.

@KryptoN: I envy you a bit, Total Devastation is a very interesting band, I own both their albums and they are quite unique.

I think of going to Prague to see Opeth with Burst on December 19. These two alone suffice for an awesome show, I wonder what other bands will be added.

I saw Nevermore on sunday in Stockholm and it was AMAZING! on monday we somehow landed at the Nile gig there, I remember seeing In Quest but then started to be so drunk, that I kind of dont remember Nile that well hahahaha. Tuesday I saw Soilwork in Stockholm and wow, that was pretty impressive, even if I'm not that much of a fan but the atmosphere was amazing, sold out gig, great audience and Hatesphere were cool as always!

DragonLady1 said:
on monday we somehow landed at the Nile gig there...

actually, between two songs the nile vocalist (after going through some "we'd like to thank everyone on the tour" talk) said "...and i heard someone from dark tranquillity is here". didn't see anyone, though...

i saw Arcturus on thursday.
at first, I found the show was somewhat queer, but after the third song I was convinced that this is greatness :Smokin:
for me the best gig in years (despite the typical planet music sound).

basically, it seems that norway goes more "electronic", or "avantgarde", which is cool. I might change my opinion about their overall-image (musicwise) :devil:

thx for help but i heard some rumors about that they will come here at 2006... And i had some doubts... Anyway thx again..

I'm going to see Suicidal Tendencies, Germs, Marky Ramone (the remaining member of The Ramones), and another opening act in two hours.

I'll see if i can go to To/Die/For on the 25th of november. Other than that, this year i've been to:

Sepultura + Leprosy + Mákina (may)
Nightwish + Therion + Poison The Well + Overkill + Rage + The 69 Eyes (october)
Apocalyptica (october)

And i almost went to Nine Inch Nails and to Dark Tranquillity. I was so pissed that i couldn't go to those.

Not that anybody cares...