Condom Superstition

I don't know if they deteriorate, but they leave an unmistakeable circular imprint in the leather that's embarrassing....:ill:

metalkingdom said:
I don't know if they deteriorate, but they leave an unmistakeable circular imprint in the leather that's embarrassing....:ill:
Everytime I open my wallet to pay for something I catch the clerk staring at it. Pretty funny.

The idea that condoms are damaged by friction and body heat in a wallet seems reasonable at a glance, though many things considered "common wisdom" do not hold up to scientific scrutiny.

My thoughts: The very nature of a condom demands that it be heated to body temperature and experience a certain amount of friction eventually.

I've never had a problem, but I no longer keep them in my wallet.

or how long you keep that condom in there... if it gets an imprint like that, then its probably been in your wallet for a looooong time.... meaning you aint getting none.

Tempest said:
or how long you keep that condom in there... if it gets an imprint like that, then its probably been in your wallet for a looooong time.... meaning you aint getting none.

is that the reason you have that big imprint in your wallet?:lol:

There isn't much scientific evidence to prove that condoms stored in the wallet breakdown faster, but generally you can assume that the wear will eventually cause problems. A general rule is, if you don't use it within a month, switch out with a new one.