Confessions...

Oz, JB, what really makes me wonder is why the hell are friggin' expensive productions that cost $$$.000 so fuckin' cranked?
Shit, new Nightwish peaks @ -6,8db RMS some times, or latest Dimmu and new Arch Enemy... just to name a few.
The thing is... now that I begin to actually hear the difference it makes, dynamics, squashy stuff I fear focusing on the loudness too much rather then listening to the music by itself...

correction: Amaranth has peaks @ -6,27db RMS!

Apparent loudness on the radio appeals to some people because it catches attention. It's like the flashy neon sign wars that shopping centers will wage - it doesn't matter how annoying it gets, they'll think that more signs mean more sales because people see gigantic screens of death advertising their low, low prices on tampons and Cheetos.

Jeff

i bought the new new Seether, the new Alter Bridge, and the new Coheed and Cambria at Best Buy last night. I truly hate Gangsta Rap. i love Tori Amos, Björk, Fiona Apple, and i'm starting to get into Amy Winehouse. i shaved my head for Satan. I've never tried hard drugs. I made one of the previous statements up and i'm not tellin' which one.

I like J-Pop, And my favorite group from japan is Vanilla Mood,
I also like classical music and own all of Mozarts works,
My favorite guitar player is Julian Bream.
I 'm an Atheist.
I think Christina is hot too.
I don't like Iron Maiden.

Who wouldn't want to do Christina?

Exactly!

I did a deathmetal version of "Genie in a Bottle" (in the style of Heartwork-era Carcass) years ago with shit production value that still gets a lot of spins over at last.fm. In fact, for a long time it eclipsed all other BACKMASK material in terms of popularity online until we put out Dark Fiber last year.

I've been trying to arrange a death metal cover of I Touch Myself for quite a while now, because I'm certain it would be one of the creepiest things I could possibly serenade someone with.

I've only posted a handful of clips under this name because I'd rather hear what people say to a total newbie about something bizarre I feel like trying out, having had people's personal impressions of me get in the way of objectivity a few too many times.

I've never tried hard drugs, either.

I love the bass... and I can't play fingerstyle.

I can't escape doing most things in patterns of fives, and I wonder if people ever notice them. I actively try to stop as often as I can, but it rarely ends well so I just try to limit it.

Jeff

Ok, il take the worst one yet: I like Michael Jacksons music.

Oh! And I share JBroll's disease, I like the sound of a solidstate amp being pushed to the limits more then tubeamps.

Ok, il take the worst one yet: I like Michael Jacksons music.

Oh! And I share JBroll's disease, I like the sound of a solidstate amp being pushed to the limits more then tubeamps.

Man! The king of Pop's got some great tunes!

I'm not ashamed of this, but I'm really into delta style slide guitar playing at the moment.