Conflict Marijuana part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2006
Lanford, IL
allright well i just happened to read most of the last forum pages on marijuana and tyhe subject is undoubtedly enticing and interesting. first of all i think none of you make any dumb points at all and all are completely capable of living up to any potential you desired - pot smoker or not.
but before you argue you can't just make A point you really have to understand what it is youre saying. given that i suggest you research marijuana in history - i wont give the lesson but it may open up some new doors. i dont intend to change anyones minds for or against and i respect where you stand and am okay if you disagree. im only writing about what i know and have seen both from research and from personal experience. and i think a healthy balnace of both is needed to fully analyze the drugs effects.

given that there are countless thousands of plants in the world and hemp ( which is not the same as smoked buds) plants is an amazing plant. everyone is different as the possibilites of marijuana for production, psychological purposes, art etc and overall effects are both amazing and possibly limitless. but little is known. i do know howver that it probably shouldnt be glorified because it's really not needed but but honestly from all ive done and seen, i think it's negative and positive effects truly balance out.

while it does decrease some motor skills and sensory perception, if you know what youre doing- then it wont much affect you, i know that for a fact. in fact i think if you can learn anything stoned then it becomes much easier when youre sober. pot as a whole is not horrible, it only is if you make it. all the kids in high school that are burnouts are that way because of their choice and they use pot addiction as an excuse. they are not stupid because theyre stoned but they just like to get stoned because they are stupid. i know that you can do creative things when stoned and countless musicians and artists have proven this again and again(steve digiorgio, cliff burton, black sabbath, jimi h,etc). pot also does not make a person violent or aggressive and i dont think anyone has the right to tell you what you can and cant do, its a matter of personal responsibilty. so if you fucked up cause you smoke every day - thats your own damn fault.

although usage can be irresponsible, i still find it an interesting drug. you just have to utilize its potential when given in a creative atmossphere, and you have to understand the nature of the drug. its structurally similar to anadamide cells in your brain and actually along with shrooms increases brain waves and brain activity. it doesnt neccessarily make a person smarter or dumber. nothing makes you a certain way really. ive heard that intellectual converstaions cannot take place while high- Bullshit! ive proven that wrong again and again. you will only do as much as you like or believ that you can do on weed.
i know it's sad but ive seen countless burnouts and done the research and it does make it discouraging. yet you wont burn out if you dont want to. as far as pot being a gateway -well thats acceptable ,but only to certain perople. most people who do heroin and what not( which is way stronger than weed by the way , they dont belong together in same sentence) did smoke weed, but its a fallacious statement to say that all pot smokers will end up doing heroin or other drugs. and dont you think that most kids who smoke pot actually started with alcohol and cigarette? and the govt. telling you what you can and cant do is arbitrary? if they cared about health they illegalize fast food which is way more damaging to your body and alcohol and require all american kids to have gym class every day or something. it is all about money and profit and excersicing control. i bet half the people who want it illegal never once tried it themselves and most never tried it out of fear perpetuated by prejudice. i live in chicago and know that pot smoking is not a violent crime and worse things happen. legalizing it would allow cops to focus or more heinous crimes. hey for christ sakes the founder father smoked pot, and ive heard some did opium.

if youre gona do it, then know what youre doing. if you dont like it, fine. but im gonna smoke up and if you dont like , fuck you! yea . allright well that was exhilarating. let the arguments begin

Can't spell potential without pot... just a lil something I noticed.

The thing about musicians and art in general... brilliant art can be made while 'sober' as well. I think drugs just open your mind a bit, doesn't mean what comes out is good.

I can somewhat agree with the gateway stuff. I know people who do drugs, and they started with just alcohol. Yet not everyone who does drugs started with alcohol.
However, I do think it's human to persue whatever is pleassurable as often as possible. Which means, if you enjoy pot... then you most likely will smoke at any given chance.
But of course, it also has to do with what person you are. Some people take responsibility for their lives, stay away while they have other things going, and can use it just to relax at few times.

Anyway, I don't really care, I have smoked, I drink.. and personally drinking is usually more destructive. What I dislike about legalizing is that once you do, it's probably very difficult to go back. Meaning you're going to put yet another drug everyone can use freely out there. And even tho, as you say, it has positive effects as well, there are healthrisks that can't be considered positive.
It's unfortunate that some people can't use... eventually it all becomes abuse basically.

I'm against legalizing not because of the drug itself, but rather because most people can't take responsibility for their own lives.

good argument. i dont think legalizing it would neccessarily change the numbers however though in who does it, i just think it would save the court systems alot of money and keep harmless people out of jails. and youre totally right about being sober as well. but anyway you put it people will still be smokin that shit. even though the law is supposed to bar people from using it, i know alot of people, ( kids in particular) who do it just for the reason that it's illegal. cause it looks "cool" and deviant you know.

I have smoked just a few times in my life and I like it. At least for me, it makes everything seem more significant. I seem to notice smaller details and appreciate things more.

Frank the tank said:
i just think it would save the court systems alot of money.

they don't change the convicted court fees in your country?

QUOTE=Frank the tank]good argument. i dont think legalizing it would neccessarily change the numbers however though in who does it, i just think it would save the court systems alot of money and keep harmless people out of jails.[/QUOTE]

for that concern, they only need to decriminalize it and make weed smoking an 'instant fine' crime. It would free up that jail space and make good revenue for the government which is always nice for the rest of us who like the government having money for roads/healthcare/etc. and dont want to pay ever increasing taxes and rates.

but I agree in that I'd like to see jail time restricted to a. dangers to society, and b. high risk reoffenders in troublesome offenses.

CarniverousJesus said:
I have smoked just a few times in my life and I like it. At least for me, it makes everything seem more significant. I seem to notice smaller details and appreciate things more. I honestly don't know a whole lot about pot and the best way to smoke it, but it seems like my friends do. What do you consider the least harmful and best way of using it is?

from experience, the only thing I can say regarding 'least harmful' is to small it irregularly. If you let it become a bad habit in your life (cone in the morning, on a break at work, every night to go off to sleep, or whatever) then you can end up smoking too much and getting the bad psychological effects, so limiting your usage and trying to keep from habits which encourage its use seems to be the way to least harmfully enjoy the drug.

Status
Not open for further replies.