Connection between Deliverance & Damnation

urza

moRaLisT
Jun 23, 2002
Germany, Haan
www.beepworld.de
I listen to both albums very often at this moment and i read the lyrics very exactly. but i can't figure out what the lyrics are about. i've heard about a love story. deliverance is in view of a boy or man woh's very unliked and so...and damnation is in view of the girl who falls in love with this strange boy.
and so the stoyr begins....

sorry that i irritate xou once again with a thread about lyrics :p

and if there is another thread with the same object, just lemme know....

someone told me that if you listen to the first song on deliverance, then the first song on damnation, then the 2nd song on deliverence, then the 2nd song on damnation, and so on... that it 'connects' or something... i don't know.

The one thing I have noticed is that both Master's Apprentices and Hope Leaves rely heavily on the "there is..." lyrics...is there any song or excerpt from Damnation that you believe would work as a clamer interlude within a heavy song?

A little off subject but don't you find it ironic that Opeth would title the heavier cd "Deliverance" and the softer cd "Damnation"? It would make perfect sense if it were the other way around.
smile2.gif

It was Peter or Mikael who said in an interview a while back that they did name them like they are to be ironic, at least thats what my memory says. And the only "connection" that stands out to me is with By The Pain I See In Others off of Deliverance, and Weakness off of Damnation. They both have a similar sound with that........what is it that is playing? Sounds kinda like circus music or something, I don't know if any of you have noticed this, but immediately when I heard the opening of Weakness I thought of BTPISIO.

I believe that I read somewhere that Mikael was planning on connecting the two albums lyrically, but there wasn't enough time. I do have an idea as to the link, however. I could be wrong, but, I think that Deliverance is the story of a killer, and Damnation is the story of the person being killed.

Folks, the wisest thing to do now would be to ask THE MAN himself about the concepts of both albums, and if they relate to each other!!! Let's wait for the next interview and hope the interviewer will have the inspiration to ask for that... Mikael doesnt come here for a long time...

benjikong said:
I believe that I read somewhere that Mikael was planning on connecting the two albums lyrically, but there wasn't enough time. I do have an idea as to the link, however. I could be wrong, but, I think that Deliverance is the story of a killer, and Damnation is the story of the person being killed.

From all that I've heard, that one makes the most sense. It would be really cool if that were the link too.