Conspiracy Theory

Stormwatch

Cock.
May 2, 2003
Fortress of Arrogance
I'm selling a load of cd's I never listen to and St Anger is among the pile. I decided to stick on the DVD for one last listen and a thought came to me. Look at the lyrics of "Invisible Kid". Listen to the songs (verses looped over and over again for 8 minutes), listen to the silly drum sounds, and James's tuneless screeching. And what about the nu-metal sound and no solos.
Is it possible Metallica recorded this just to see how many of their fans would say it's great, despite the fact it is clearly utter shite? In other words, is it all a big joke by Metallica? I refuse to believe ANYONE thinks the bizzare drums sound good.I refuse to believe James Hetfield thinks "St Anger" is a good song. It's not even a fucking song, it's one verse repeated endlessly with no breakdown/coda/tune to liven it up.
An utter pile of fucking wank.

the only three good things about St. Anger are:

1. The fact that I saved around $30 by not buying it
2. Around 70mb of HDD room by deleting it
3. The expressions on Hetfields face when he went Tic-Toc in the video clip to that song which goes "my lifestyle determines my death style .... TIC-TOC TIC-TOC!!"

LOL

misfit said:
the only three good things about St. Anger are:

1. The fact that I saved around $30 by not buying it
2. Around 70mb of HDD room by deleting it
3. The expressions on Hetfields face when he went Tic-Toc in the video clip to that song which goes "my lifestyle determines my death style .... TIC-TOC TIC-TOC!!"

LOL

Fucking classic...and I would have to concur...although I did buy it, listened to it 10 times or so (I gave them the benefit of the doubt), and then put in back in the case and haven't touched it again. Definitely their worst album to date...

TakinTheMusicBack said:
I'm selling a load of cd's I never listen to and St Anger is among the pile. I decided to stick on the DVD for one last listen and a thought came to me. Look at the lyrics of "Invisible Kid". Listen to the songs (verses looped over and over again for 8 minutes), listen to the silly drum sounds, and James's tuneless screeching. And what about the nu-metal sound and no solos.
Is it possible Metallica recorded this just to see how many of their fans would say it's great, despite the fact it is clearly utter shite? In other words, is it all a big joke by Metallica? I refuse to believe ANYONE thinks the bizzare drums sound good.I refuse to believe James Hetfield thinks "St Anger" is a good song. It's not even a fucking song, it's one verse repeated endlessly with no breakdown/coda/tune to liven it up.
An utter pile of fucking wank.
I really doubt St Anger is a joke. To me its a failed attempt to go back to the old style like almost all their fans wanted them to do.

Excellent thread. I think your hypothesis is the closest thing to the truth we will ever hear. Of course you are basing this theory on the assumption that Metallica was a talented band- and hetfield and ulrich could compose complex songs. I think everything from the black album to now, says otherwise.

Precisely 5th season, up to Masters they had burton, the first two albums they had a few of mustaines songs lying around. All i can think that hetfield and ulrich have ever created that was worth a shit, was and justice for all. Perhaps its been hetfield leading the band all along, and when he went into rehab, he checked himself out of songwriting as well.

MURAI said:
I've heard they ripped off riffs from Slipknot songs like "My Plague".
The first song sounds like something coming from a system of a down song and the unnamed feeling when i heard it on TV i thought it was godsmack or something...then i read an interview which says they were inspired and really into System of a down, meshuggah and other motherfuckers like that when writing.

What's funny is metallica's idiocy these days, they actually WANTED limp dickshit to tour with them.

Godsmack actually said no originally.

They're their touring partners now. And even they're more metal.

5thSeason said:
the first 4 albums were all great. the black album marked the end of the band. The black album was the most overrated album.... EVER. That album, and everything since has been junk.

At last, someone else see's the light.

speed said:
Precisely 5th season, up to Masters they had burton, the first two albums they had a few of mustaines songs lying around. All i can think that hetfield and ulrich have ever created that was worth a shit, was and justice for all. Perhaps its been hetfield leading the band all along, and when he went into rehab, he checked himself out of songwriting as well.
You do know that Cliff Burton (R.I.P) wrote ...And Justice For All.