The WORST cd you've ever heard

Divine Intervention is the last decent thing Slayer release and it's sub-pare musically and production wise compared to Seasons In The Abyss and South of Heaven.

I didn't really like it. I thought Slayer started to become "less than awesome" since South of Heaven though I still like it (along with Seasons in the Abyss).

I tend to like "Seasons" best of all the Slayer albums. "SoH" is not far behind, but I just think "Seasons" has a more refined sound & production even though it's probably technically the closest Slayer ever got to 'selling out'.

Divine Intervention is the last decent thing Slayer release and it's sub-pare musically and production wise compared to Seasons In The Abyss and South of Heaven.

I think the new album is better than Divine Intervention. Frankly, it's more or less been downhill since RiB.

I think the new album is better than Divine Intervention. Frankly, it's more or less been downhill since RiB.

To be honest, I never really thought of Reign In Blood as an amazing album. Sure, it's good, but there's not a whole lot of replay value. Plus, there's only really three songs on it; Angel of Death, Raining Blood, and the rest.

Much prefer Seasons, as a cohesive album.

Blood Drunk-COB
Bullshit. Blooddrunk is the best album CoB has done since Follow the Reaper.

I think most people only really hate CoB because it's the fashionable thing to do. :loco:

To be honest, I never really thought of Reign In Blood as an amazing album. Sure, it's good, but there's not a whole lot of replay value. Plus, there's only really three songs on it; Angel of Death, Raining Blood, and the rest.

Bullshit. Blooddrunk is the best album CoB has done since Follow the Reaper.

I think most people only really hate CoB because it's the fashionable thing to do. :loco:

Reign In Blood is good but not as good as South Of Heaven imo. As for COB, I hope you're joking lol.

As good as Follow the Reaper your insane and the best albums were easily Hatecrew Death Roll and Hatebreeder not follow the reaper.
I don't know why people hate COB this is the only forum I've seen that I like every Melodic Death metal band out their pretty much and In Flames/Cob are still my fav

actually RIB is more cohesive; seasons is merely more conventional in terms of song lengths and arrangements

actually RIB is more cohesive; seasons is merely more conventional in terms of song lengths and arrangements

Absolutely. SITA is clearly a good album, though it doesn't have that all important "atmosphere" that the earlier Slayer albums have. Maybe it's just me, but the way that the tracks, while all fine, don't seem to run together well at all. Compare it with SoH, my personal Slayer fave, which runs extremely well as a whole entity with a dense, oppressive atmosphere. Even RiB has a breathless, raging feel to it.

I like Divine Intervention too, though it really isn't in the same league as the albums that preceed it.

Diabolus in Musica though ? That album is probably one of the most dissapointing albums that I have ever had the misfortune to purchase. Aside from "Screaming from the Sky", the rest of that album is a huge turgid dog shit sandwich.

I hate CoB because Alexi Laiho's voice is painful.

If they got a better vocalist and just kept Alexi at least 5 feet away from a mic at all times, I would probably like them.

His vocals nowadays do indeed suck. But on everything Follow The Reaper and before, he's not that bad.

The_Lunar_Strain said:
As good as Follow the Reaper your insane and the best albums were easily Hatecrew Death Roll and Hatebreeder not follow the reaper.
Really? I always thought Hate Crew Deathroll was, aside from two or three songs, a "turgid dog shit sandwich", if I may borrow the phrase from Carcassian.

Hatebreeder's a close second, but FTR will always be their best.