contraversial musical opinions

ohiogrinder

New Metal Member
Mar 15, 2006
post yours!

(Nec, if you find this thread to be in bad taste, tell me)

here's mine:

Acid Bath sucks. Dax Riggs' lyrics sound like a suicidal 3 year old wrote them.

people that don't like grindcore/goregrind are just narrowminded

all scenegrind sucks...with few exceptions

Swedish death metal > American death metal (barring the Gothenburg stuff...thats just crap)

Heartwork was an overrated album.

95% of anarcho punk blows, again with a few exceptions (i.e, Crass, Flux Of Pink Indians, and Rudimentary Peni)

oh and while we're at it, UK82 hardcore > UK82 anarcho

modern rock post 1995 blows immense amounts of goat cock.

power metal sucks. no explanation needed.

brutal death metal > melo-death

modern hip-hop can be two things: either shallow, meaningless tripe, or arty and pretentious. old school hip-hop is good, though.

Mental Funeral > Severed Survival

Bolt Thrower released two great albums: In Battle There Is No Law and Realm Of Chaos. the rest can suck a fart out of my ass. when they stopped blasting, they started to suck.
ok, so I've probably ruffled a few feathers with this post, if so, I apologize. anyways, start the hatin', playa hatas!

I don't see modern hip hop as being pretentious (talking about the underground scene, popular rap is fucking awful as everybody knows). Jedi mind tricks, outerspace, royce da 5'9, wu tang clan, nas, blackalicious, etc... are all good no-bullshit rappers

I don't consider bands like Venom, Celtic Frost, Mercyful Fate, Hellhammer, some Bathory, and a good chunk of the first wave of black metal bands to be actual black metal. (Dodens especially, won't approve of this) I consider these bands to be proto-black metal that had a huge influence on what's considered black metal today.

I think Morbid Angel is overrated.

I hold bands like Alice In Chains and The Misfits in very high regard despite them not being metal.

I don't like blast beats unless done tastefully.

I don't like clean vocals in Metal.
I wish Attila had never joined Mayhem.
I like Danni Filth's vocals better than some black metal screams.
I don't like Judas Priest or Iron Maiden.
Chris Barnes's Six Feet Under vocals are some of the best growls in death metal today.
I don't like melancholic type Metal and don't see why people use soft things in Metal.

I don't like clean vocals in Metal.
I wish Attila had never joined Mayhem.
I don't like Judas Priest or Iron Maiden.
I don't like melancholic type Metal and don't see why people use soft things in Metal.

1. thats kind of narrowminded of you, no offense.
2. he is an acquired taste
3. give them some time
4. you're missing out

I hate the bad production of all "classic" black metal. I hate it even more because it was intentional.

I actually like Prometheus by Emperor.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"soft things" LMAO
:lol: Yeah, stuff like the softer stuff in Opeth, and that stuff in some progressive and/or softer side of metal, to me that part of Metal seems totally UnMetal and wasn't the reason at all I got into Metal.
And I can't get into clean vocals, never have, I like thrashy clean vox though but I don't really consider them softer clean vox.

:lol: Yeah, stuff like the softer stuff in Opeth, and that stuff in some progressive and/or softer side of metal, to me that part of Metal seems totally UnMetal and wasn't the reason at all I got into Metal.
And I can't get into clean vocals, never have, I like thrashy clean vox though but I don't really consider them softer clan vox.

I love melancholy and emotional metal like opeth. To me that's what makes metal so great, the diversity in the styles, tempo, intensity, etc...