Controversial opinions on metal

BM is in the minority of what I listen to. But you're retarded. You're offering controversial opinions like me saying "ALL DEATH METAL IS URGLY BURGLIES AND ALSO YOUR MOMS ARE WHORES". Congratulations, you got a rise out of people by being stupid. I don't care your gender, you're an idiot.

Oh nice, you criticize old school BM, the bands who were at the forefront of breaking down barriers. Wait have you listened to Emperor and Darkthrone? Or did you not notice that the various bands have different sounds and are in many cases capable of quite memorable melodies? Nevermind, I know the answer.

Stupid fucks is stupid.

I think you scared her away...

does any one agree that most of times " famous " bands get more credit than they deserve and they don't sound too good
and some times you can find band bearly known of same style and sounds way better than the famous big cheese band ?

hey keep it down ! you want me to end up inside a bottle !?
everything is monitored , they'll soon put military barricade between my room and the bathroom

I don't know if this is controversial, but I really hate when thrash bands write songs about thrashing, or have Thrash in the title. It's like a writer breaking the 4th wall or something. It's not creative. At least act like you're passionate about something other than the music you're playing.

I had a hard time making myself listen to Asphyx's "Death... the Brutal Way" because it really felt like the band was going "HAY GUYS WE PLAY DEATH METAL LISTEN LISTEN!!" Great album, but WOW.

I also really don't like gory album covers and titles. I understand why it's a thing, but I really don't like it. I'm way more impressed when a band like Woe calls an album "Quietly, Undramatically" and then rapes your earpussies. I'm way less interested in "AXEFUCKING THE MOLESTED SATAN SPAWN".

Can't say I was a fan either. I was looking forward to them when I was on my PL kick, especially because the reviews were off the hook, and they just did not deliver. Neither did Bloody Panda. Music with no mood, whatsoever. It doesn't say anything. It's like fucking without having an orgasm.

As I read through the last few pages, I realized that I really need to listen to some more black metal. Lots of good black metal out there that I have barely listen to.

Age of Nero by Satyricon is a decent album. I've had that album stuck inside the CD player of my uncle's truck since 2008, and now that I'm back in California I've been driving around for the past 2 weeks with that as my soundtrack. Maybe I've just gone crazy from hearing it so much, but I'm starting to see its qualities.

I hate ozzy, only liked Sabbath with dio.
Black album is my favourite Metallica album.
I like Paul di'anno and blayze.
I like God Hates Us All.
I like killswitch engage a lot.
This one isn't really an opinion, but I'm British and i cannot understand lemmy whatsoever. He always sounds like he's just dropped half a bottle of valium...

Folk inspired metal is awesome. Folk metal is terrible. See Moonsorrow, Ulver, Drudkh, Summoning, etc. vs <insert Finnish polka metal band here> or <big men with beards viking metal band>. There's such a huge discrepancy in sound and metal-ness... its tough to put into words. I guess I mean to say folk can't stand by itself as a sound. You've got to have influences of some other metal genre to make it work without coming off queer.