Controversial opinions on metal

i really like 'changes' these days, fits the mood of the album i think. otherwise i more or less agree, 'cept i'd have 'supernaut' and especially 'st. vitus dance' lower.

Not enough controversial opinions.

How about this: metal has exhausted its potential for progression and will be as stagnant and dead as punk music in the next ten years.

this mostly happened like 20 years ago didn't you get the memo

Not everybody cares, some of us like that metal can still be connected to it's roots with ease.

I only worry as I think without evolution the listener base will decline, and there will be fewer new bands producing fewer good albums to listen to. There are still plenty of fans atm, but the 2010's seem to have been the worst decade for metal so far.

I only worry as I think without evolution the listener base will decline, and there will be fewer new bands producing fewer good albums to listen to. There are still plenty of fans atm, but the 2010's seem to have been the worst decade for metal so far.

the kinds of bands who care about having a large listener base are exactly the kind of bands we could do with less of. most good bands from the 2010s primarily worship shit from 20+ years ago anyway.

Sabbath, also, arent heavy metal. Their early era, particularly, was a sort of blues flavoured hard rock. The same with deep purple and most particularly Led Zeppelin, they are not heavy metal either.

Sabbath, also, arent heavy metal. Their early era, particularly, was a sort of blues flavoured hard rock. The same with deep purple and most particularly Led Zeppelin, they are not heavy metal either.

Its one thing to have a controversial opinion but I always laugh when people try to suggest when Sabbath were never a metal band or that metal didn't exist in the 70s.

Also I think music in general went downhill come the 90s and hasn't recovered since. I haven't listened to everything ever ofcourse and I'm not saying there have not been plenty of great bands since but just going off based on what I've heard and know music gotbmuch poorer in the 90s.

Also I've no clue how anyone can honestly think Vol 4 even comes close to Sabotage. It's far more creative and Ozzy is at his best as a singer. Then again I like Am I going insane so what do I know :/

I love Changes, as well as all their "non-heavy" output like Solitude, Planet Caravan, She's Gone, etc. I didn't care at all for these tracks growing up, but over time, I grew to love them just as much as their standards.

Anyone disagreeing that Sabbath arent heavy metal, Ozzy himself says they arent, as do the rest of Sabbath. Led Zeppelin are hippies, their music isnt easy to label, they started out as a blues rock band and progressed through all sorts of genres, whilst maintaining a rock theme. Deep Purple are hard rock. These bands are a few generations before the heavy metal genre thing.

So Motorhead isn't metal either because Lemmy said they weren't? That's really not how that shit works.

Certainly the stuff motorhead did with taylor, lemmy and clarke isnt heavy metal. Later stuff they did with the new people may have been, here and there.

Anyone disagreeing that Sabbath arent heavy metal, Ozzy himself says they arent, as do the rest of Sabbath. Led Zeppelin are hippies, their music isnt easy to label, they started out as a blues rock band and progressed through all sorts of genres, whilst maintaining a rock theme. Deep Purple are hard rock. These bands are a few generations before the heavy metal genre thing.

Show me where Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Bill Ward say Black Sabbath isn't heavy metal please. Ozzy Osbourne recently decided to say he doesn't like the term "heavy metal" despite using it in the past, so you have one.