Controversial opinions on metal

See the i dont read most of the posts that have your name attached to it since you seem to be so clueless. Also that guy saying they played at a concert with Sabbath has nothing to do with the Eagles being metal or not, so talking about what genre they are is completely irrelevant. But yeah, we needed you to tell us that they arent a heavy metal band, thanks.

hehe no probs dude, we are all Sabbath fans, everything is good. I am older than most and see things from way back, is all. I used to go seeing all those early eighties bands all the time and up til the 90`s then work put me out of the loop, so I dont come across the same as the newer fans.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Yes! thats correct. I know the history of them, I was alive and saw it all around me. Some of them were influences by `the New York Dolls`, I am not a punk rocker, though I like the Sex Pistols, I would say the New York Dolls started punk rock off, unintentionally, and were further helped by the Pistols. It is subjective conjecture as to wether PIL were a `better` band though.

The real spirit of punk was alive already in bands like The Stooges and The MC5.

Reactions: CiG
Nah, honestly this is the only place i;ve come across that the idea of them being metal was even entertained, and i don't think anyone embarrassed themselves by saying kiss are a metal band.
They had a song on VH1s list of 40 greatest metal songs of all time (the song was Detroit Rock city) plus to be fair while I don't think they're metal they at least seem relevant to heavy metal culture.
@rusty water Are you saying that heavy metal didn't exist in the 1970's?
There are people who really think this. The main reasoning seems to be that 70s bands who get called metal don't sound like or aren't as heavy as 80s metal bands lol.

Reactions: CiG