Controversial opinions on metal

You havent defined why. Also I would add to that, that Judas Priest are totally and definately heavy metal, Sabbath arent.

Is that not a definition? Their sound is set in stone and heard worldwide. Anything that sounds like Black Sabbath in general is heavy metal, or like Judas Priest sometimes.

Is that not a definition? Their sound is set in stone and heard worldwide. Anything that sounds like Black Sabbath in general is heavy metal, or like Judas Priest sometimes.

You are saying that ` their sound is set in stone and heard worldwide`..... I havent any idea of what that means in terms of a band being ` heavy metal` . And another one, you said also `Anything that sounds like Black Sabbath in general is heavy metal, or like Judas Priest sometimes.` and AGAIN you have made a statement and havent told us WHY you arrived at that conclusion.

You just made the statement that Sabbath are heavy metal and that Judas Priest are ` sometimes` heavy metal, you havent told us the reason for this.

If it is a definition as you said, I don't need to tell you the why. Definitions are accepted as fact, no proof necessary. Rather, you haven't told me why Sabbath are NOT metal? i believe the majority agrees with me, so it is up to you to provide a counter proof.

Reactions: CiG
You are saying that ` their sound is set in stone and heard worldwide`..... I havent any idea of what that means in terms of a band being ` heavy metal` . And another one, you said also `Anything that sounds like Black Sabbath in general is heavy metal, or like Judas Priest sometimes.` and AGAIN you have made a statement and havent told us WHY you arrived at that conclusion.

Black Sabbath are heavy metal because they wrote and played heavy metal songs, including the first heavy metal song called Black Sabbath.

If it is a definition as you said, I don't need to tell you the why. Definitions are accepted as fact, no proof necessary. Rather, you haven't told me why Sabbath are NOT metal? i believe the majority agrees with me, so it is up to you to provide a counter proof.

You made the statement `If it is a definition as you said, I don't need to tell you the why` , you dont need to tell me the why?? what you are trying to wriggle out of is the fact that you dont know the why! Then making the statement `i believe the majority agrees with me, so it is up to you to provide a counter proof.` that has nothing to do with you saying that Sabbath are heavy metal and that judas priest are sometimes heavy metal. You cant tell us why you think that. You posted that it is what you think, but you cant explain why!!

Black Sabbath are heavy metal because they wrote and played heavy metal songs, including the first heavy metal song called Black Sabbath.

`Black Sabbath are heavy metal because they wrote and played heavy metal songs` that is not an explanation, it is an opinion.

You made the statement `If it is a definition as you said, I don't need to tell you the why` , you dont need to tell me the why?? what you are trying to wriggle out of is the fact that you dont know the why! Then making the statement `i believe the majority agrees with me, so it is up to you to provide a counter proof.` that has nothing to do with you saying that Sabbath are heavy metal and that judas priest are sometimes heavy metal. You cant tell us why you think that. You posted that it is what you think, but you cant explain why!!

So did you. You posted that you think Sabbath are not heavy metal, yet you have not explained why. If the majority agrees with me, you have to explain yourself to sway people to your side. Otherwise, the majority continues to agree with me and you are fighting a losing battle.

Yours is an opinion as well.

Yes it is, what I have said all along is an opinion, however I can explain why I think that. In my opinion `heavy metal` is sort of where the band wears studs and such imagery as Judas Priests Rob Halford wears on stage, where they sort of act hard and hold their fist. clenched and such stereotypical poses. Also the music with heavy metal was a step onwards and away from using blues scales and bluesy type riffs ( though they do of course use blues scales at times ) and were more towards sort of `non feeling` riffs of power chords and speed of songs. The tempo was faster and the vocalists scream like they are angry at the world and they use persistant `fantastic imagery` on their album covers etc. All these things they picked out from bands such as Sabbath, but they exagerrated it to a great extent. That is sort of the genre that is heavy metal, in my opinion.

Yes it is, what I have said all along is an opinion, however I can explain why I think that. In my opinion `heavy metal` is sort of where the band wears studs and such imagery as Judas Priests Rob Halford wears on stage, where they sort of act hard and hold their fist. clenched and such stereotypical poses. Also the music with heavy metal was a step onwards and away from using blues scales and bluesy type riffs ( though they do of course use blues scales at times ) and were more towards sort of `non feeling` riffs of power chords and speed of songs. The tempo was faster and the vocalists scream like they are angry at the world and they use persistant `fantastic imagery` on their album covers etc. All these things they picked out from bands such as Sabbath, but they exagerrated it to a great extent. That is sort of the genre that is heavy metal, in my opinion.

Cool opinion bro.

MTV disagrees, Black Sabbath are the greatest Heavy Metal band of all time
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bl...a-are-greatest-heavy-metal-bands-of-all-time/

Grammy Awards disagrees, Best Metal Performance:
http://www.grammy.com/news/and-the-grammy-went-to-black-sabbath

Rolling Stone disagrees, calls them The Beatles of Heavy Metal:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/l...s-of-all-time-19691231/black-sabbath-20110420

VH1 disagrees, says they have the greatest Metal song of all time:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/bl...-list-as-the-greatest-metal-song-of-all-time/

Metallica disagrees, says Black Sabbath will always be synonymous with Heavy Metal:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/me...-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-photos-available/

But I suppose you claim to be a greater expert on metal than all of those folks?

I have given you a reason why I believe what I say is true. You have never given a reason for what you say to be true. Here you are now giving random opinions of other people, and using that as the reason why you believe what you posted is true. You couldnt and still cant give an explanation for your opinion, except that now you giver other peoples opinions ( excluding OZZY) , it suggests that you cant form your own opinions based upon your own thoughts and observations.

It is amusing that you are presenting links to MTV and such places as though they have any clue about rock music lol. You like MTV then do you? MTV lol . The rock and roll hall of fame can fuck off as well. MTV lol

Last edited: