Controversial opinions on metal

Fun? I didn't realize generic radio schmaltz with none of your original fire and bite was "fun".
I have and continue to listen to way worse. And I don't really know how you could criticize those albums for being "generic radio smaltz" when they were made in a style that was popular in the 80s but not at the time they were actually released.

I have and continue to listen to way worse. And I don't really know how you could criticize those albums for being "generic radio smaltz" when they were made in a style that was popular in the 80s but not at the time.
It's 80's a little, but at the same time they adopted an aesthetic to their production and composition reminiscent more of modern rock than anything. Sanitized of all grime, guts, and grit, and distilled into an essence of boring, antiseptic auditory fodder.

It's 80's a little, but at the same time they adopted an aesthetic to their production and composition reminiscent more of modern rock than anything. Sanitized of all grime, guts, and grit, and distilled into an essence of boring, antiseptic auditory fodder.
That's the ultimate problem. It was gutless. The visceral quality of their previous records was part of the appeal.

Reactions: CiG
Gutless or not, no way am I taking myself seriously enough that I can't enjoy something this gloriously stupid.

I love both Crüe and Metallica, so them feuding is comical to me. Had Nikki caught Lars? Let's just say Metallica would've needed to do some auditioning afterwards.

Also I had seen the photos of Lars and Kirk sticking their tongues close to each other but had never seen that video. Kirk looks fucking creepy, like some kind of yellow Danny Elfman clone, lol.