Controversial opinions on metal

For his higher range, Your Heaven, My Hell, Hordes of Chaos (A Necrologue For The Elite), Radical Resistance, Destroy What Destroys You, for a few. Mostly ranging from C5 to D5 in terms of it. For his lower range, Death Becomes My Light and As We Watch The West particularly. And then overall, Absolute Misanthropy and Amok Run display an immense range for single tracks.

Fair enough, checked out a few of these at least and he definitely sings more than on earlier stuff. I suppose it really bothers me because Renewal and Cause for Conflict are the post-PTK albums I find to be the most redeeming musically/song-wise, but the vocals on those annoy me the most of all. By the time he found an acceptable middle ground, the music turned to kinda schlocky melothrash.

I think he sounds fucking ruthless of Terrible Certainty and even on Extreme Aggression, albeit he sung a little too much with clean vocals on that.

<As the World Burns>

I think the biggest problem with him is that he sounds best on songs that are very fast and aggressive, but Kreator started to faff around a lot with their songs in the 1990's. They're a meat and potatoes thrash metal band that tried to step up into different things and basically fucked themselves.

Is it controversial to say that As the World Burns is a fucking horrible song and inappropriately upbeat? I hate that song so much.

Fair enough, checked out a few of these at least and he definitely sings more than on earlier stuff. I suppose it really bothers me because Renewal and Cause for Conflict are the post-PTK albums I find to be the most redeeming musically/song-wise, but the vocals on those annoy me the most of all. By the time he found an acceptable middle ground, the music turned to kinda schlocky melothrash.
I disagree with it being "schlocky" melothrash, but I can see where that might happen for someone.

giphy.gif