Controversial opinions on metal

i'm madly in anger with you, st. anger round my neck, tick tick tick tock, earthquake shake.

I've never even heard any one of those things. I don't even know what you're fucking talking about.

Worst bigger-name vocalist in thrash is probably Mille Petrozza post-Pleasure to Kill.
You're fucking joking, right? On a pure technical level, his voice has only gotten richer with age. Maybe it rubs your ears the wrong way, but calling his vocals anything even remotely approaching bad is musically foolhardy if you look at his pipes on a technical rubric.

You're fucking joking, right? On a pure technical level, his voice has only gotten richer with age. Maybe it rubs your ears the wrong way, but calling his vocals anything even remotely approaching bad is musically foolhardy if you look at his pipes on a technical rubric.

He has decent phrasing but really no musical training at all. His guitar playing is lacking in the technical dept. also

With the foreclosure that I simply dislike his voice irrespective of any technical abilities, what would be an example or two of his most technically demanding performances?

he pretty much got more annoying with each album after PtK. Sounds like some scorned german woman with an attitude or something. Cant stand his accent either.

Exactly this, he just has a really annoying voice to me.

With the foreclosure that I simply dislike his voice irrespective of any technical abilities, what would be an example or two of his most technically demanding performances?
The man is 49 now, and still maintaining a consistently powerful lower 5th octave belting capacity (which is comically good given the harshness of his vocal style), and persists to reach further and further into his lower register capacity, and is only getting better and better with his melodic 2nd octave runs.

He has decent phrasing but really no musical training at all. His guitar playing is lacking in the technical dept. also
I'm not calling him Pavarotti, but he's way up there in extreme metal, vocally. He's no Malmsteen either, but he's a more than solid rhythm player, and can bite off a real, visceral, filthy solo.

Particular songs? I don't really care if he can still do high-pitched shrieks if they sound like shit tbh. I don't have an ear for identifying pitches but off the top of my head can't think of much that shows his lower range, unless you're one of those guys that says Halford can sing in the first octave because of the talk-whispers on Night Crawler or something.

For his higher range, Your Heaven, My Hell, Hordes of Chaos (A Necrologue For The Elite), Radical Resistance, Destroy What Destroys You, for a few. Mostly ranging from C5 to D5 in terms of it. For his lower range, Death Becomes My Light and As We Watch The West particularly. And then overall, Absolute Misanthropy and Amok Run display an immense range for single tracks.

Gotta admit, that comment made me laugh a little hard. Mostly because I pictured Mille dressed in the clothes of some haggard, old peasant woman screeching and growling the lyrics to Violent Revolution.

I think he sounds fucking ruthless of Terrible Certainty and even on Extreme Aggression, albeit he sung a little too much with clean vocals on that.

I think the biggest problem with him is that he sounds best on songs that are very fast and aggressive, but Kreator started to faff around a lot with their songs in the 1990's. They're a meat and potatoes thrash metal band that tried to step up into different things and basically fucked themselves.

mr-lahey-chug-o.gif

Reactions: CiG
I've never even heard any one of those things. I don't even know what you're fucking talking about.

That day, Tomorrow, it never comes, now there's some kind of monster under my bed, it never sleeps, it never gives respect, all nightmare long is reality.

I just went to check out some new Kreator to see how Mille's sounding these days and holy cringe

I saw Kreator about 10 years ago and he sounded terrible, sort of a weird shrieking.. I love his vocals up to Coma of Souls though. Great harsh thrash voice.