Controversial opinions on metal

Poseur alert:

I don't think this is terrible. The lyrics are ridiculously angsty but I don't find it unlistenable.

This is great news. If only all the in-crowders could just find it in their hearts to jump da fuck up a little more in amongst all the fart-sniffing and harrumphing.

How has me saying the song "isn't terrible" been warped into me saying I like it lol. It's listenable. On the other hand, Converge are definitely unlistenable. Absolutely headache-inducing.

Moar nu-metal that's better than Converge. Possibly even more angsty and edgy than that Korn song and even more jumping da fuck up.

Dude your top 5 artists are Clutch, Paradise Lost, In Flames, Converge, and Radiohead. Puddle of Mudd could go head-to-head with most of those, let alone the masters KoRn.

Which of these 5 bands is bad? Also, which two Korn albums are good? :tickled: If you consider that Korn is better than those bands you mentioned, you're a fool.

No, not at all. An "In-crowder" is a certain type of person with a certain type of behavior. For example one said "this isnt bad" and the others came/will come out of the woodwork and follow suite. The circle-jerk crew.

Alternatively, if you have an opinion that a 'bad' band is 'good, you will get shit about it unless an in-crowder likes said band and then no one will give you shit about it or give you less shit than normal

I find it interesting how all of you guys actually listen enough on all those nu-metal bands to be able to discuss them. I wouldn't be able to seperate Korn from Converge from Slipknot from Pantera or whatever you guess talk about. :)

I find it interesting how all of you guys actually listen enough on all those nu-metal bands to be able to discuss them. I wouldn't be able to seperate Korn from Converge from Slipknot from Pantera or whatever you guess talk about. :)

Comparing Converge to Korn and Slipknot is ridiculous. They have their own style and I can see why some people don't like them, however, they're a really innovative and creative band.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity