Controversial opinions on metal

while i enjoy some of their work, they never had a really good one either. I think i remember Reinventing the Steel being pretty shitty tbh, but i've only heard that album once or twice and that was like over 10 years ago or something.
Steel is really good man, give it another spin when you get the chance. Probably more consistent than FBD & TGST.

Yeah, Pantera were in excellent form circa 1998-2000. Along with Steel, they were also churning out solid one-off tracks such as Where You Come From & Avoid the Light.

Dunno how their sound would have evolved heading into the 2000's had they not split-up, if Damageplan is anything to go by it may very well have changed considerably.

@Phylactery ive noticed that a bunch of old posts involving you have been deleted. Like my glorious post where i said something along the lines of "i always thought Phylactery was some weird sexual act/fetish but it turns out its some holy jewish box that contains old chopped off foreskins" etc. Also a bunch of posts from you that were also deleted. Know anything about this?

It's not even their best EP

Okay

Their first three albums are masterpieces.

Breeding the Spawn
is just as good if not better than anything else they've released.

Agreed. I contend that with better production people would view that as the best full length album. As it stands now, my favorite full length is Effigy followed by Breeding.