Controversial opinions on metal

ok am l thinking of Atheist? played with Pestilence but then toured with Atheist after Roger was killed?
l cant remember...good bassist tho
Yeah, he was on Testimony of the Ancients with Pestilence and then performed on Unquestionable Presence and wrote and performed material on Elements.

Reactions: Sirjack
Let’s restart this...I think Varg is a pussy and only got the better of Euronymous because it was a total sissy fight...and I think the skull fragments/brain matter myth is total BS

What would be a good example of Euronymous’ talent? I mean definitely a pivotal figure and ok if he he just stuck to rhythm but his lead work was total ear assault

Of course the necklace story is played out...I was more angling at the Napoleon Dynamite fight, or if ‘Varg’ even did it- his story seemed pretty rehearsed

Was he not the major songwriter of a lot of Mayhem's earlier material? And yeah, forging the black metal identity was largely his doing as well afaik, even though I don't personally value that.

True on both, but the late 80’s into the 90’s Metal had some serious guitar talent...Euronymous was a horrible guitarist by comparison, I think his leads easily topple C.C. Devilles’ title for worst solo ever. His songwriting style fit the intended outcome but the word ‘talent’ is a stretch. The Black Metal scene was just a different spin on depressed kids similar to a Norwegian version of Cobain followers IMO, and Euro’s image with the band and scene progressed in a Troma-like cheesiness...anyway people tend to think Varg is a badass or something and I’ve come to the opposite opinion in thinking he’s a total pussy -reminds me of a CSI episode where the killer was a weak pussy and it took 20-some hissy fit stabs to kill the guy who was like 5’5”...:tickled: