Controversial opinions on metal

Never heard of, can't be that controversial to dislike. Listening to this track and it's not bad but very lethargic-sounding. Like every time the opening motif comes back it really should be this rousing fuck yeah here we go again moment but both the drumming and the guitars are so limp you feel nothing.

Reactions: CiG
On the other hand the new Morbific album has finally started to click for me. The main riff in "Baptized in the Fluids of Decay" is mindmeltingly sick. Beneath all that fuzz is some good shit.

Reactions: SonOfNun
i forgot if i'd listened to hulder so i went to her RYM. apparently i gave the album 1.5 and wrote this:

aflickering02 Feb 2021 12:23 GMT
i’d like to apologise to hulder on rym’s behalf, this album is bad but no musician deserves this abomination of a comment box

On the other hand the new Morbific album has finally started to click for me. The main riff in "Baptized in the Fluids of Decay" is mindmeltingly sick. Beneath all that fuzz is some good shit.

Thatta boy.

I think the overall sound is a small obstacle at the outset, but it's definitely a riff-fest. I've been jamming it a lot recently and I'm now thinking it's at least on a par with the debut if not better.

A woman for sale is gonna help me save my day! < followed by death by Iommi>

:headbang:

So you wanna be a gypsy, come on now...

:whistle:

Still, I love 'em both!

Last edited:
Dreaming Neon Black is Nevermore's worst album. They went a bit soft & overblown.

Lateralus is Tool's worst other than Fear Inoculum (which I only bothered to listen to once). I mostly just don't like/get the structure of Lateralus. 2 interludes within the first 4 tracks, and yet they still made it front-loaded with the 2nd half too long for what it has to offer.

Fuck the Universe is my least favourite Craft album and yet it gets the highest ratings online. It's good with nothing unusual or extraordinary, just feeding their average fan exactly what they wanted I suppose.

Their last one had more polished production and even an 'electronics' credit. Then there's more interesting vocals on Terror Propaganda, and the extra savagery of Total Soul Rape, so yeah, less ordinary.