Controversial opinions on metal

nile may be mediocre a lot of the time but they're better than a shitload of other brutal death, and they have some outstanding moments. hating nile is about the least controversial thing ever btw.

They have a fuckton of blastbeats and really deep growls. They may not be brutal death but they're definitely more brutal than almost all non-brutal death.

The only Nile song that is completely epic and worth listening to is "Even The Gods Must Die".

You misspelled "Black Seeds of Vengeance".

Come to think of it, anything off of that album is golden. I'll admit, a lot of their other stuff is indeed, a blur.

I think of GayDave when i think of Nile. The only band he ever mentioned.

And i don't know how controversial this is but the vocalist from Edguy should be stabbed in the throat. Horrible band.

And i don't know how controversial this is but the vocalist from Edguy should be stabbed in the throat. Horrible band.

moar like edgay amirite

In all honesty, I haven't heard Edguy. Judging by responses I've seen though, I'm probably lucky of the fact.

Nile has several great songs, you losers. There are at least 3-5 very good songs on each album that I've heard. There are better bands, but I certainly think it's too much to say that they suck. I do think that there's no need to own all 6 albums or whatever they have.

They're just really fast and heavy modern death metal.

Um, yes.

Unas Slayer Of The Gods and Annihilation Of The Wicked are great songs imo.

Indeed. Incidentally those come from their best albums, too.

hating nile is about the least controversial thing ever btw.

the conversation started when I said I love nile, actually, which is kinda controversial.

They do suffer from some same-ness, for sure, but so do most death metal bands (Suffo certainly do, and as I mentioned, I think they're pretty much the best in the scene). Their memorable songs are fucking excellent, though- Annihilation of the Wicked is one of my favorite death metal songs ever.