Controversial opinions on metal

Um, yes.

Indeed. Incidentally those come from their best albums, too.

the conversation started when I said I love nile, actually, which is kinda controversial.

They do suffer from some same-ness, for sure, but so do most death metal bands (Suffo certainly do, and as I mentioned, I think they're pretty much the best in the scene). Their memorable songs are fucking excellent, though- Annihilation of the Wicked is one of my favorite death metal songs ever.
I've heard some Nile and my general impression was that it was good, but there's no way I'd ever listen to a whole album.

Det Som Engang Var is the worst of the "BM-era" of Burzum, IMO, but it's still a good record. As Scissors said, try out Hvis Lyset Tar Oss. It's his best work.

As I said before though, just keep trying. They may click, they may not, but the worst that can happen is that they don't. And at least you can say you tried then.

Daudi Baldrs is awesome, though. :erk:

Alright I'll try it...thanks guys

And as for Nile:

I never liked them until their new album came out. Everyone said it sucked but it's the only one I liked :lol:

Weeeird! I didn't like it much, it could have been the erect-dick imagery messing with me, though. Everytime he'd say something like "MONUMENTAL... COLOSSAL!" I'd just think of penises. I wonder how many people are still in the dark about what Ithyphallic means?

Anyway, AotW for me.

Coming from the guy who likes Bjork and siouxsie and the banshees...

If you're gay by Mort standards, you must be really, really, really gay. :lol:

Björk rules anyway. Anyone who doesn't realize that is actually retarded, since she's an extremely good singer and original musician.

I thought you said "anyone who doesn't realize that she is actually retarded," and in a flash I reevaluated her entirely.

Then you finished the sentence, I reread it, and was disappointed.

everyone should youtube bjork right now, if only to watch the space ghost episode, the thing about her insane stalker and that thing where she explains the inner workings of a tv

vespertine is a great album

dancer in the dark is kind of a great film and kind of unwatchable, like most stuff by von trier

Oh, it applies to all power metal?
Then fuck you. If you don't like power metal then why criticize a specific band in the genre?

Touchy lately? Calm your ass down.
A friend of mine sent me that video and proclaimed it was the best PM song ever. I thought it was dogballs and posted it here.