Controversial opinions on metal

Keep trying. It took me a few times to finally "get" Burzum's music, but it is oh so rewarding.

Just out of curiosity; what albums have you tried?

Det Som Engang Var, Filosofem, and Dauði Baldrs

I liked the 3rd one because he didn't sing but it wasn't really something I would go back to over and over again

I honestly don't care if he burned churches or killed Euro....it's all about the music. I just could never get into it

I liked the 3rd one because he didn't sing but it wasn't really something I would go back to over and over again

I honestly don't care if he burned churches or killed Euro....it's all about the music. I just could never get into it

Hvis Lyset Tar Oss is his best, try it out

Daudi Balrs doesn't even count...
The other two are great though.

Det Som Engang Var is the worst of the "BM-era" of Burzum, IMO, but it's still a good record. As Scissors said, try out Hvis Lyset Tar Oss. It's his best work.

As I said before though, just keep trying. They may click, they may not, but the worst that can happen is that they don't. And at least you can say you tried then.

Thoth-Amon said:
Daudi Balrs doesn't even count...
The other two are great though.
Daudi Baldrs is awesome, though. :erk:

I can understand not liking the second two, but not liking Det Som Engang Var is grounds for being kicked in the cunt. But, if you don't like the vocals, try out Hlidskjalf.

Edit: Alot of my favorite guitarists are influenced by Al Dimeola, and my dad has been telling me for forever to get into his stuff, guess I'll have to track that album down.

Controversy!: KSE are classy guys and I wish them well.

Also Nile are one of the best modern DM bands, and Suffocation are the best, despite being two of the more popular groups in the scene.