Controversial opinions on metal

Slayer's best is their first and thenceforth the quality descends chronologically.
Except for SOH, which should go after HA, and RIB, which should be put all the way forward to just before Diabolus.

Also, Mustaines vocals got better in studio over time, but his live vocals weakened.

Mustaine sounds like he did not go through puberty or maybe he's a homosexual. I would actually listen to rust in peace and countdown if there was a different vocalist.

I have to disagree with you guys. Mustaine's voice has never been a concern for me. His lack of real vocal skill shows more on later albums where he actually tries to sing, but on those early albums his voice works great. Imagine a song like Peace Sells with someone else on vocals and the song loses all its charm.

Everyone needs to read this post. Thank you for saying what I wanted to after reading all of these negative comments regarding Mustaine and Megadeth.

I don't know anyone in puberty that sounds like that. Quit being a dicksleeve

I was driving around listening to sirius radio and there was this song and it sounded like Donald Duck over some really cheesy sounding 80's glam guitars and than after the song realised it was Megadeth.

Pleasure to Kill beats Reign in Blood by a long shot. And is a shitload more extreme also.

Don't know how controversial that is.

I was driving around listening to sirius radio and there was this song and it sounded like Donald Duck over some really cheesy sounding 80's glam guitars and than after the song realised it was Megadeth.
You should probably turn off your ipod so you can actually hear the Sirius then.

Back to the Megadeth discussion: I gave Rust in Peace a listen after shelving it for over a year. Dave's vocals are only annoying on "Tornado of Souls". However, the music is less than decent after the first three songs.

Back to the Megadeth discussion: I gave Rust in Peace a listen after shelving it for over a year. Dave's vocals are only annoying on "Tornado of Souls". However, the music is less than decent after the first three songs.
I can only see this if you have the remaster, which replaces the original backing vocals with Fat Albert on Five Magics.

*pisses on Dream Theater some more*

I'm listening to 'Images and Words' as I do every couple months or so and I continue to realize that even their best album isn't all that remarkable..so glad Pagan's Mind updated it with something that really does rule.

the backlash against reign in blood has got to have been the single most retarded metalhead trend of the past few years

I never even knew that there was a "backlash" against RiB... It much be some pseudo internet super elitist crock of shit.

The reason I do respect Dave's vocals is because they make his band completely unique & instantly recognizable. & yes, there are good tracks after the third track. The musicianship on that album is great all the way through, pretty much.

*pisses on Dream Theater some more*

I'm listening to 'Images and Words' as I do every couple months or so and I continue to realize that even their best album isn't all that remarkable..so glad Pagan's Mind updated it with something that really does rule.

DT are fucking great, but I&A is not their best. Just listened to A Change of Seasons today & that is an epic fucking tune.

What is Pagan's Mind comparable to & what's their best work??

I alternate between 'I&W' and 'Awake' being best, but it's discouraging because I find both have an equal amount of crappiness proportionate to goodness. Good call on 'A Change of Seasons' though, that might actually be my favorite song from the band overall.

Pagan's Mind's second album, 'Celestial Entrance' has a thick layer of 'I&W' influence in performance and production, sometimes even songwriting, as a lot of the opening of 'The Prophecy of Pleiades' sort of pays tribute to 'Learning to Live'. Amazing prog-power goodness all outfitted with an esoteric, cosmic/sci fi theme. Just about anything from that album or 'enigmatic : calling' is amazing and good to start with.

I never even knew that there was a "backlash" against RiB... It much be some pseudo internet super elitist crock of shit.

you've increasingly been getting all these shitheads saying it's 2 amazing bookends with 8 songs of filler between them (it's more like 2 amazing bookends with a few amazing and a few merely great songs in between), or that all the songs sound the same (an understandable claim for people who don't like metal but bewildering nonsense in the context of thrash). i don't mind people not listing it among their absolute favourites, but to suggest it is anything less than great is inconsistent with liking extreme metal music as far as i'm concerned. i blame that smegma ultraboris.