Controversial opinions on metal

Here's a controversial opinion. After painstaking research and endless analysis I have come to the conclusion that forest metal is a real genre thanks to recent releases and such. Which supports my hypothesis.

Here's a controversial opinion. After painstaking research and endless analysis I have come to the conclusion that forest metal is a real genre thanks to recent releases and such. Which supports my hypothesis.

i'm happy for forest metal to become an established genre because i doubt there's a single heterosexual band in the world to which that tag could legitimately be applied. makes sifting through the crap easier for me.

you've increasingly been getting all these shitheads saying it's 2 amazing bookends with 8 songs of filler between them (it's more like 2 amazing bookends with a few amazing and a few merely great songs in between), or that all the songs sound the same (an understandable claim for people who don't like metal but bewildering nonsense in the context of thrash)

While it's true I don't care much for homogeneous music like Slayer, it's not the only reason I dislike RiB. I just don't see what there is to like, even with the "2 amazing bookends" Angel of Death and Raining Blood. I guess I must not like the sound of it in general, or something, but I find SNM to be tons better.

I've noticed a lot of people lately using the word "homogeneous" to describe music. I guess it works, I just find it odd, and rather amusing.

I've noticed a lot of people lately using the word "homogeneous" to describe music. I guess it works, I just find it odd, and rather amusing.

It's something we RiB haters use to express dislike for RiB, since all our statements are just recycled statements previously used by smarter people.

...and what classifies as "forest metal"?