Controversial opinions on metal

He also likes the Black Album. o_O

I like The Black Album.

I listened to the first 4 tracks on Death Magnetic this morning on my way to work... I got bored as fuck with it by the time the 4th track ended. Jesus. This is a fact: People that compare Death Magnetic to Justice legally have at least 3 of the 7 magor forms of mental retardation.

I like the way Satanstoenail once put it; it's meant to be a 28-minute blast of sharp aggression, that doesn't let up.

What a load of pseudo-intellectual claptrap. Firstly, it's a thrash metal album, and referring to it as a "suite" is seventeen shades of the gayest gay and should be ceased henceforth. Secondly, the beauty and appeal of Reign In Blood is that it is a short, sharp blast of pure aggression. It has much in common with a lot of punk and hardcore albums in this regard. The songs have barely any gaps between them and are arranged so that the listener will be slapped around the chops furiously for under half an hour with barely any let up. If you are wanting it to 'take you somewhere' on a musically varied journey then you're most definitely barking up the wrong tree. If you don't like the way it sounds today or find it "severely underdeveloped", then you are probably attempting to read far too much into it. And if you really think that death metal vocals would work better on it, you basically shouldn't bother listening to it again, because you have entirely missed the point of the album in every aspect.

People that compare Death Magnetic to Justice legally have at least 3 of the 7 magor forms of mental retardation.
That I agree with. But the same cannot be said for people who prefer Death Magnetic to St. Anger, Load, Reload, and The Black Album. IMO, it's their best since Justice. Death Magnetic is OK (definitely not great), and I like it better than the Black Album (it goes without saying that I like it better than St. Anger, Load, and Reload).

saying the first 3 sep are better than the first 3 slayer is FAR FAR FAR more acceptable than saying SoH/SiTA/DI are better than the first 3 slayer

Indeed. Morbid Visions is OK but they got a lot better after that.

South of Heaven, Seasons In The Abyss, and Divine Intervention are all good albums but they are not as great as Reign in Blood or Hell Awaits. I do not have Show No Mercy so can't judge it. But it probably rules.

Ozzman said Beneath The Remains beats all of Slayer's discography, which I disagree with. Beneath The Remains can not top Reign In Blood. Here is my controversial opinion:

Sepultura - Schizophrenia > Slayer - Reign In Blood

I gotta say I've never heard anybody praising Holy Diver so I don't think it's overrated.. But yeah I don't listen to Dio anyway. I also prefer Ozzy-era Sabbath tbh.